Housing & Dining

Housing & Dining


On-campus Accommodation

International Student Apartments of Tsinghua University was established in 2004. It is located in the northeast corner of the campus, close to the northeast gate of the university (Zijing Gate). The on-campus apartments include Zijing Student Apartment Buildings NO. 19-23 and Student Apartment Building 6 (Asian Youth Center). Full-time international students with university status and studying at the main campus are eligible to apply for accommodation in the International Student Apartments of Tsinghua University.

In recent years, the university has been renovating existing apartments year by year to provide on-campus accommodation resources for more international students. Currently, the international student apartments can accommodate approximately 2,000 students. The main responsibilities of the apartment include consulting and handling international students' check-in, check-out, and temporary accommodation registration; managing daily safety and hygiene in the apartment building; organizing student community cultural activities; and working with students to build a safe and warm student community. In addition, the apartment has a work-study team - the International Dormitory Representatives. As a bridge between students and apartments, they assist apartments in carrying out safety and health inspections, cultural construction, and other related matters to improve student accommodation environment and enrich the culture in student apartment buildings. We welcome you to join this passionate and energetic group!

The International Student Apartment provides three types of dormitories: double room (two beds in one room, shared bathroom on each floor), triple room (three beds in one room, shared bathroom on each floor), AB room (independent bedroom and two persons shared bathroom). In-room facilities mainly include air conditioning, Internet, bedding and furniture. Public area facilities mainly include washing machines, dryers, study rooms, light sports spaces, etc.

Students who are eligible to move in shall have legal and valid identity documents that are consistent with the university's admission status when checking in and registering for temporary accommodation. During their stay, students should abide by Chinese laws and regulations, and abide by the "Administrative Rules on Disciplinary Sanctions for Student Misconduct of Tsinghua University", "Administrative Measures for Accommodation in Student Apartments at Tsinghua University" and other relevant rules and regulations of the university and apartments.

To learn more about the on-campus international student apartments, please contact the general service desk of International Student Apartments.

Address: 1st Floor, Building NO. 23, Zijing Student Apartments
Working hours: 7:00-22:00 (Monday to Sunday)
Contact number: +86-10-62793006
Email: gaopei@tsinghua.edu.cn

Off-campus Accommodation

Due to limited amount of accommodation available on campus, some students will need to live off-campus and arrange accommodation in advance.

When you live off-campus, never forget to register at your local police station to obtain a Registration Form of Temporary Residence within 24 hours after your arrival in China or signing of the rental contract.

The Registration Form of Temporary Residence is another important certificate for your legal stay in China, aside from your passport and visa. Therefore, a special reminder is that before you sign the contract or pay for the rental, do confirm that the owner of the apartment/house property is able to process the accommodation registration for you. Otherwise you will get into trouble of illegal stay. Moreover, you need to renew your Registration Form of Temporary Residence if you have moved to another place, changed your passport or renewed your visa.


Tsinghua student dining halls are famous for their good service and reasonable price among the universities in Beijing. There are more than 10 student dining halls on campus, providing a variety of dishes including Muslim and Western food. Close to the Zijing International Student Apartments are the Zhilanyuan, Zijingyuan, Taoliyuan, and Yushuyuan dining halls. In addition, there are several fast food restaurants and Cafe on campus, where you may meet many international students.

Dining Halls & Café Open Hours

Guanchouyuan Dining Hall


Taoliyuan Dining Hall



Zijingyuan Dining Hall

1st floor:
2nd,3rd and 4th floor:

Qingfenyuan Dining Hall
Tingtaoyuan DiningHall
Dingxiangyuan Dining Hall


Yushuyuan Dining Hall


Zhilanyuan Dining Hall
(Buffet served on the 2nd floor)
芝兰园 (二楼供应自助餐)


Qingqing Kuaican
(Similar to McDonalds and KFC but at lower prices)
(On the 2nd floor of Wenxinyuan Dining Hall)
清青快餐 (闻馨园二层)


Qingqing Pizza
(On the basement of Zhijingyuan Dining Hall)
清青比萨 (紫荆园地下一层)
Qingqing Yonghe
(On the 1st floor of Guanchouyuan Dining Hall)
清青永和 (观畴园一层)


Muslim Canteen
(West of Guanchouyuan Dining Hall)
清真餐厅 (观畴园西侧)


Qingqing Xiuxian Canteen
(On the basement of Taoliyuan Dining Hall)
清青休闲餐厅 (桃李园地下一层)


Qingqing Mianba


Happy Four Bakery
(The basement of the Humanities and Social Sciences Library)
快乐事烘培坊 (人文社科图书馆地下一层)


Campus Jazz Coffee
(On the first floor of Guanchouyuan Dining Hall)


SPR Coffee
(on the 1st floor of Shunde Building, SEM)


Qingqing Times Cafe;
(Near the Guanchouyuan Dining Hall)
清青时代咖啡厅 (观畴园附近)


Paradiso Coffee
(1st floor of Zijing Apartment No.21;
1st floor of Weilun Building, SEM)


How to get a dining card

The degree-program students, including the undergraduate students and graduate students, shall apply for a student IC card which can be used as the dining card.

The non-degree-program students, including the visiting students, exchange students and the Chinese language program students, shall apply for an ordinary dining card at the Student Dining Service Center located in student dormitory building No.15, with admission notice, student ID card (the paper card) or a certificate issued by International Students Office (ISO).

How to recharge your dining card

As to the degree-program students, including the undergraduate students and graduate students, there is no money in their student IC cards when they first get it. So the students can make use of the recharging machines set up in the campus to transfer the money from the debt card of the Bank of China that has been connected to the IC card. The recharging machines are located around Taoliyuan Dining Hall, Zijingyuan Dining Hall, Guanchouyuan Dining Hall, teaching building No. 6 as well as the Student Service Center (Zijing Building C), etc.

As to the non-degree program students, including the visiting students, exchange students and the Chinese language program students, they can recharge the ordinary dining card with RMB cash in the following places: Zijingyuan Dining Hall, Taoliyuan Dining Hall, Guanchouyuan Dining Hall, and the Student Dining Service Center (located in student dormitory building No. 15). According to the university’s regulation, the non-degree students using an ordinary dining card should be subject to 15% management fee. For example, if you recharge RMB 100 in cash in your dining card, you can only use RMB 85 actually.

If you don't have a dining card

You can use cash on the 3rd floors of Taoliyuan and Guanchouyuan Dining Halls, the 2nd floor of Zhilanyuan Dining Hall, Yushuyuan Dining Hall, Qingqing Kuaican (Hamburger), Qingqing Pizza, Qingqing Yonghe, Qingqing Xiuxian Canteen, Happy Four Bakery, Qingqing Times Cafe, and SPR Coffee, etc.

Off-campus Restaurants

Outside the east gate (actually the main gate) of the campus there are McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, Subway, and Yoshinoya, etc., as well as a variety of Chinese restaurants.

©2024 Tsinghua University. All Rights Reserved


京公网安备 110402430053 号

  • 010-62793001

  • webmaster@tsinghua.edu.cn