Considering the COVID-19 control and prevention requirements from relevant authorities, and Tsinghua University’s comprehensive pandemic control and prevention situation, the University has decided to start fall semester 2021/22 as follows:
1. The registration and check-in date for new undergraduate students is adjusted to September 2nd. The registration and check-in date for students participating in the New Student Training Camp and new students from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan is adjusted to August 29th. The Convocation for undergraduate students will be held on September 3rd. The arrangement of military training for undergraduate students will be adjusted accordingly and announced in due course.
2. The registration and check-in date for new non-full-time graduate students is adjusted to September 4th, for new full-time graduate students is September 5th. The Convocation for graduate students will be held on September 6th. The Summer Youth League Training for graduate students will be held virtually starting from August 17th. Orientation for new graduate students will be held virtually starting from August 25th. More details will be announced in due course.
3. Starting from August 9th, faculty and staff should be flexible with their working arrangements, implementing all COVID-19 control and prevention measures while maintaining normal operations of the University.
4. All undergraduate and graduate students will start classes on September 13th. The class format (in-person/virtual/hybrid) will be decided depending on the number of students who have returned.
5. New student registration, students returning to the University, and faculty and staff returning to Beijing and entering the campus should all strictly follow COVID-19 control and prevention requirements from the Beijing municipality and upper authorities. More details and updates will be announced in due course.
Everyone is responsible for the pandemic control and prevention. All faculty, staff, and students should strictly follow all relevant rules and requirements from the University and local authorities.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the following contacts:
Student Affairs Office
Graduate Affairs Office
The Personnel Department
International Students and Scholars Center
Office of Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan Affairs
The Admission Office for Undergraduate Students
The Admission Office for Graduate Students
Source: Presidents' Office
Editor: Guo Lili