To commemorate the 30th anniversary of China’s accession to the New York Convention and to celebrate Tsinghua University’s 106th Anniversary, the International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA), Tsinghua law school and the Tsinghua law school- Supreme People's Court of China research base for “Belt and Road” will co-organize a one-day conference on International Arbitration at Tsinghua Law School on April 29th, 2017.
Donald Donovan, President of ICCA, and Albert Jan van den Berg, immediate past president of ICCA, will speak from an international perspective on the New York Convention. Judges from the Supreme People’s Court of China will share their experience on cases on the New York Convention.
The first panel of leading judges and practitioners will discuss some hot and controversial topics on the application of the New York Convention on China. The second panel presented by Young ICCA will explore arbitration agreements drafting and pitfalls.
This Conference is of particular interest to practitioners, arbitrators, in-house legal counsel, judges, academics and students who are interested in International Arbitration. A chance will be given to discuss with leading experts and with Chinese judges on the many issues on the New York Convention via this platform.
· Albert Jan van den Berg, Hanotian & van den Berg (Brussels); Past President ICCA; Visiting Professor at Tsinghua Law School
· Donald Donovan, President ICCA; Co-Head of the International Disputes Group at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Adjunct Professor at New York University School of Law
· Judge Liu Jingdong, Civil Adjudication Tribunal No. 4, Supreme People’s Court, China
· Judge Shen Hong Yu, Civil Adjudication Tribunal No. 4, Supreme People’s Court, China
· Prof. Shen Weixing, Dean and Professor, Tsinghua law school
· Prof. Teresa Cheng, Course Director, Tsinghua IADS; Chairperson of HKIAC
· Prof. Che Pizhao, Professor, Tsinghua law school; Director, Tsinghua -SPC research base for “Belt and Road”
Date: Saturday, April 29th, 2017
Time: 9:00am – 17:00pm
Place: Moot Court, Tsinghua Law School
Contact: Ms. Fu at firstname.lastname@example.org / 010-62786153
Deadline for Registration: April 24th, 2017
Registration form to be emailed to email@example.com