The Communications, Innovation and Partnerships team of UNDP China promotes greater understanding and visibility of UNDP’s work by utilizing various communications tools. Fully engaging with the media, social media and leveraging on a strong network of Public-Private Partnerships, the team leads the design, management, and implementation of UNDP’s overall communications strategy, including design and roll out high-impact, multimedia campaigns; programme-oriented communications products; media relations and key events; localization of global content for Chinese audiences; and publications on critical development issues. On the innovation front, the team is facilitating and prototyping innovative solutions and experiment with new ways of working to tackle complex development challenges outside the traditional development cycle.
Duties and Responsibility
The intern, under the guidance and supervision of Communication and Innovation Officer of Communications, Innovation and Partnerships team of UNDP China, will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Translation and Interpreting (both English to Chinese and Chinese to English)
- Translates various communications materials, including the translation of Op-ed, press release, speech, and other media/social media related articles;
- Translates various project related documents such as ProDoc, annual work plan, concept note, event programme, etc.;
- Translates reports and other internal and external publications;
- Provides interpreting service to high-level visits and events as requested by the office;
Communications (both in English and Chinese)
- Monitors media exposure, drafts media summaries and conduct basic analysis;
- Assists in on-site event support (i.e. press conference, video shooting, etc.).
- Assists in conducting research, compiling background materials, statistical data
and briefing notes for advocacy/outreach activities and media events;
- Assists in the preparation of communications and public-private partnerships outreach materials (i.e. PowerPoint presentations, brochures, etc.);
- Drafts social media (Weibo, WeChat and/or other platforms) articles and posts;
Deadline: Nov. 29th, 2020