Professor, Director, Public Security Research Center, Tsinghua University
Member, Chinese Academy of Engineering
Director, Center for Public Safety Research, Tsinghua University
Director, State Key Laboratory of Fire Science
- Public safety monitoring and control, predicting and early warning
- Human evacuation
- Emergency management theory and technology as well as integration
- Fire dynamics, evolution and prevention
2003-now, Professor, Tsinghua University, Beijing
1996-2003, Vice President, University of Science and Technology of China
1965-1996, teacher, University of Science and Technology of China
1965, graduated from Department of Engineering Thermophysics, University of Science and Technology of China
Awards & Honors
Received twice the 2nd prize for national scientific and technological progress
Received first and second prize once each for national-level teaching achievement
Received 4 times provincial-level outstanding teacher awards
Recipient of the National May1 Labor Medal
Golden Medal for China Patent
Published 8 monographs and 256 academic papers. 107 of his papers are included in SCI and EI.
1. Fan Weicheng:"Computer Modeling of Combustion Processes",1991,International Academic Publishers and Pergamon Press
2. Liu, N. A.; Fan, W. C.; R. Dobashi; Lin, Q. Z. New Mass Loss Kinetic Model For Thermal Decomposition Of Biomass. Chinese Science Bulletin 2001, 46, 1398-1402.
3. Song, W. G.; Fan, W. C.; Wang, B. H. Self-organized criticality of forest fires in China. Chinese Science Bulletin 2001, 46, 1134-1137.
4. Yang, L. Z.; Fan, W. C.; Zhou, X. D.; Wang, Q. G. A study on detonation safety of some hydrocarbon-air mixtures, Process Safety Progress 2000, 19, 103-106.
5. Yang, L. Z.; Wang, Q. G.; Fan, W. C.; Liu, R. H. Detonation reactivity of alkane and alkene-air mixtures, Combustion and Flame 2000, 120, 242-244.
6. Yao, B.; Fan, W. C.; Liao, G. X. Interaction of Water Mists with a Diffusion Flame in a Confined Space, Fire Safety Journal 1999, 33, 329-339.
7. Liu, N. A.; Fan, W. C. Critical Consideration on the Freeman and Carroll Methods for Evaluating Global Mass Loss Kinetics of Polymer Thermal Degradation, Thermochimica Acta 1999, 338 (1/2), 85-94.
8. Hua, J. S.; Fan, W. C.; Liao, G. X. Study and Prediction of Boilover in Liquid Pool Fires with a WaterSublayer Using Micro-Explosion Noise Phenomena, Fire Safety Journal 1998, 30, 269-291.
9. Liu, N. A.; Fan, W.C. Modelling Thermal Decomposition of Wood and Leave Under a Nitrogen Atmosphere, Fire and Materials 1998, 22, 103-108.
10. Fan W.C. On the Nonlinear Fire Dynamics, Invited Paper, Proceedings of the Third Asia-Oceania Symposium on Fire Science and Technology, Singapore, June, 1998. (11) Wang, H. H.; Fan, W. C. Progress and Programs of Fire Protection in China, Fire Safety Journal 1997, 28, 191-205.
11. Fu, Z. M.; Fan, W. C. A zone-type model for a building fire and its sensitivity analysis, Fire and Materials 1996, 20, 215-224.
12. iang, X.; Fan, W. C. Numerical prediction of flame spread over solid combustibles in a microgravity environment, Fire Safety Journal 1995, 24, 279-298.
13. Fan, W. C.; Hua, J. S.; Liao, G. X. Experimental study on the premonitory phenomena of boilover in liquid pool fires supported on water, Journal of Loss Prevention 1995, 8, 221-227.
14. Fan, W. C.; Li S. F. Fire research in China, invited paper, Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Fire Safety Science, Ottawa,1994.
Phone +86-10-62792859, Fax +86-10-62792863