Professor, Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University
Member, Chinese Academy of Engineering
Vice Chairperson, Committee of Environment and Resource Protection, The National People'sCongress, China
- Water Pollution Control Technology and Mechanisms
- Cleaner Production and Waste Minimization
- Circular Economy and Sustainable Development
1959-now, Tsinghua University, Beijing
1959, Tsinghua University, Beijing, M.S.
1956, Tongji University, Shanghai, B.S.
Awards & Honors
2003, 2nd Award of National Science and Technology Progress
1998, 3rd Prize of National Science and Technology Invention
1997, Highest Prize for Global Cooperation of China Environment and Development
1993, 3rd Prize of National Science and Technology Progress
Published over 100 papers in national and international journals and at academic conferences:
1. QIAN, Yi, Circular Economy and Sustainable Development, Land and resources, Feb. 2005
2. QIAN, Yi: Circular Economy and sustainable Development, World Engineer's Congress, Nov.2004, Shanghai, China
2. QIAN, Yi, Cleaner Production and Circular Economy----New Strategy for Environment and Development, International Conference on Pollution in the Metropolitan and Urban Environment(POLMET) 2003 .Nov.3-5, Hong Kong
3. Z.Yongming, H.Liping, W. Jianlong, Y. Juntang, Yi Qian, An internal airlift loop bioreactor withBurkholderia Picttiii immobilized onto ceramic honeycomb support for degradation of quinoline. Biochemical Engineering Journal, Vol.11,issue 2-3,sep. 2002, pp149-158
5. QIAN, Yi New Strategy for Water Resource Management in China, China Water Resource Engineering 2002,10 pp17-20
6.*C.-H. Xing, X-H Wen, Y.Qian, E.Tardieu Microfiltration-membrane-coupled bioreactor for urban wastewater reclamation, Desalibation 141(2001) pp.63-73
7. XiaoDi Hao, Mark C.M.Van Loosdrecht, S.C.F.Meuer, Yi Qian, Model-based Evaluation of Two BNR Processes—UCT and A2 N, Water Research Vol.35,No.12, pp2851-2860, 2001
8. *Zhou Lu, Qian Yi, Evaluation on the performance of triple oxidation ditch system treating municipal wastewater, Journal of Environmental Science Vol.9, No.3, pp.257-264,1997
9. Hao X, Heijnen JJ, Qian Y, et al. Contribution of P-bacteria in biological nutrient removal processes to overall effects on the environment,International Conference on Wastewater and EU Nutrient Guidelines, SEP 27-29, 2000 , WATER. SCI. TECHNOL. 44 (1): 67-76, 2001.
10. Qian Y. Appropriate process and technology for wastewater treatment and reclamation in China International Symposium on Development of Innovative Water and Wastewater Treatment Technologies for the 21st Century, OCT 08-10, 1999 ,WATER SCI TECHNOL 42 (12): 107-114 ,2000.
11. Qian Y The appropriate technologies for municipal wastewater treatment in China ,1st Conference on Environmental Simulation and Pollution Control, NOV 04-05, 1999 J ENVIRON SCI HEAL A 35 (10): 1749-1760, 2000.
12. Dai YZ, Shi HC, Qian Y An anaerobic baffled reactor for pentachlorophenol degradation 1st Conference on Environmental Simulation and Pollution Control, NOV 04-05, 1999 J ENVIRON SCI HEAL A 35 (10): 1803-1810, 2000.
13. Fan XJ, Urbain V, Qian Y, et al. Nitrification in a membrane bioreactor (MBR) for wastewater treatment 7th Asia-Pacific Regional Conference (Asian Waterqual 99), OCT 18-20, 1999 ,WATER SCI TECHNOL 42 (3-4): 289-294, 2000.
14. Fan XJ, Urbain V, Qian Y, et al. Ultrafiltration of activated sludge with ceramic membranes in a cross-flow membrane bioreactor process 2nd International Conference on Membrane tecchnology in Environmental Management, NOV 01-04, 1999 WATER SCI TECHNOL 41 (10-11): 243-250, 2000.
15. Huang X, Gui P, Qian Y. Domestic wastewater treatment using a submerged membrane bioreactor I International Conference on Bioseparation Engineering: Recovery and Recycle of Resources to Protect the Global Environment, JUL 04-07, 1999 BIOSEPARATION ENGINEERING, 163-168, 2000.