Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University
Member, Chinese Academy of Engineering
Director of the Advisory Committee on Engineering Mechanics, State Education Commission
Director of China Civil Engineering Society
Editor in Chief of Journal of Advances in Structural Engineering
- Finite Element Method (FEM)
- Variational Principle and Structural Analysis
- Generalized Conforming FEM
- Sub-region Variational Principle
- Variational Principle with Arbitrary Parameters
1948-now, Teaching Assistant, Lecturer and Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, TsinghuaUniversity, Beijing
1948-1949, Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, Master
1945-1948, Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, Bachelor
Awards & Honors
Obtained more than 20 national and ministerial prizes, including:
2002, the 1st Prize of Science and Technology, Ministry of Education
2002, the Outstanding Textbook Award, Ministry of Education
2000, Prize of China Engineering Science & Technology
1999, the 2nd Prize of National Science & Technology Progress
1993, Guanghua Scientific Award
1986, 1992 and 1994, the Progress Awards in Science and Technology of the State Education Commission
1984, 1988, the Academic Award, the Science Committee of Beijing
Published 235 research papers and 21 monographs:
1. Yu-Qiu Long, Zhi-Fei Long and Song Cen. New Type Finite Meta Theory. Tsinghua University Press.2004.
2. Yu-Qiu Long, Shi-Hua Bao. Structural Mechanics (II). Higher Education Press. 2001.
3. Song Cen, Yu-Qiu Long, Zhen-Han Yao, Sing-Ping Chiew. Application of the Quadrilateral Area Coordinate method: A New Element for Mindlin-Reissner plate. International Journal for Numerical methods in Engineering, (in Press) Published online in Wiley InterScience(www.interscience.wiley.com). DOI: 10.1002/nme.1533
4. Jian-Hui Luo, Yu-Qiu Long, Guang-Dong Liu. A new orthogonality relationship for orthotropic thin plate theory and its variational principle. Science in China Ser. G-Physics, Mechanics & Astronomy, 2005, 48(3): 371-380. = Xiao-Ming Chen, Song Cen, Yu-Qiu Long, Zhen-Han Yao. Membrane elements insensitive to distortion using the quadrilateral area coordinate method. Computers & Structures, 2004, 82(1): 35-54.
5. Yu-Qiu Long, Song Cen, Zhi-Fei Long. Generalized Conforming Element (GCE) and Quadrilateral Area Coordinate Method (QACM).In: Z.H.Yao, M.W.Yao, W.X.Zhong, eds. Proceedings of the Sixth World Congress on Computational Mechanics in conjunction with the Second Asian-Pacific Congress on Computational Mechanics. Beijing, China: Tsinghua University Press & Springer. 2004.(Keynote Paper) 462-467.
6. Yong-Liang Chen, Song Cen, Zhen-Han Yao, Yu-Qiu Long, Zhi-Fei Long. Development of triangular flat-shell element using a new thin-thick plate bending element based on SemiLoof constrains. Structural Engineering and Mechanics, 2003, 15(1): 83-114.
7. Song Cen, Yu-Qiu Long, Zhen-Han Yao. A new hybrid-enhanced displacement-based element for the analysis of laminated composite plates. Computers & Structures, 2002, 80(9-10): 819-833.
8. Yu-Qiu Long ,Zhi-Fei Long and Song Cen. Method of area coordinates-from triangular to quadrilateral element. Advances in Structural Engineering, 4(1), 2001:1-11.
9. Xiao-Ming Chen, Song Cen, Yu-Qiu Long, Zhen-Han Yao. Membrane elements insensitive to distortion using the quadrilateral area coordinate method. Computers & Structures, 2004, 82(1): 35-54.
Phone : +86-10-62773541, Fax : +86-10-62771132