Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University
Member, Chinese Academy of Engineering
Director, State Key Laboratory of New Ceramics and Fine Processing
Senior Member, IEEE (Institute of Electrical Electronic Engineering), U.S.A.
Member, the American Ceramic Society
- Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Dielectric and Semi-conductive Ceramic Materials and Their Applications
- High Performance Low Tiring MLCC
- Multilayer Piezoelectric Transformer
- Piezoelectric Ultrasonic Motors
1988-now, Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing
1970-1988, Lecturer, Associate Professor and Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University
1958-1970, Assistant, Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University
1958, Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing
Awards & Honors
2005, 2rd class Award of National Invention Prize (By Ministry of Sci. & Tech.)
2003, Nominated Award of Science and Technology (1st class Technology Inovation) (By Ministry of Education)
1998, Yilida Science and Technology Prize
1998, 2nd class Award of Science and Technology Progress (By Ministry of Electronics)
1996, 1st class Award of National High-tech Developing Prize (By National Sci. & Tech. Commission et al.)
1996, 2rd class Award of National Invention Prize(By National Sci. & Tech. Commission)
Had 9 international patents and published over 150 papers and co-authored 4 books and dictionaries, including:
1. F. Zhao, Z.X. Yue, Z.L. Gui, and L.T. Li. Preparation, characterization and microwave dielectric properties of A2BWO6 (A = Sr, Ba; B=Co, Ni, Zn) double perovskite ceramics. Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. Part 1 - Regul. Pap. Brief Commun. Rev. Pap. 44 (2005) 8066-8070.
2. B. Li, J. Zhou, L.T. Li et al. Temperature-tuned photonic bandgap in polymer synthetic opals. J. Mater. Sci. 40 (2005) 2611-2613.
3. D. Guo, L.T. Li, K. Cai et al. Rapid prototyping of piezoelectric ceramics via selective laser sintering and gelcasting. J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 87 (2004) 17-22.
4. L.T. Li, J.C. Zhao and Z.L. Gui. The thermal sensitivity and dielectric properties of SrTiO3-based ceramics. Ceram. Int. 30 (2004) 1073-1078.
5. B.R. Li, L.T Li, and X.H. Wang. Preparation and sintering behaviour of nanostructured SrBi2Ta2O9 ceramics. Br. Ceram. Trans. 102 (2003) 34-37.
6. J.L. Cao, Z.L. Gui, and L.T. Li. Effect of interactions at the cofired interface of electrode/ceramics on the reliability of lead-based multilayer ceramic capacitors. J. Electroceram. 10 (2003) 57-61.
7. C.S. Wang, L.T. Li, J. Zhou et al. Microstructures and high-frequency magnetic properties of low-temperature sintered Co-Ti substituted barium ferrites. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 257 (2003) 100-106.
8. Y.C. Zhang, L.T. Li, Z.X. Yue et al. Effects of additives on microstructures and microwave dielectric properties of ZnNb2O6 ceramics Mater. Sci. Eng. B-Solid State Mater. Adv. Technol. 99 (2003) 282-285.
9. X.B. Hu, L.T. Li, X.C. Chu et al. The resonance vibration properties of a bimorph flexural piezoelectric ultrasonic transducer for distance measurement Mater. Sci. Eng. B-Solid State Mater. Adv. Technol. 99 (2003) 316-320.
10. D. Guo, L.T. Li, Z.L. Gui Anti-crack machining of PZT ceramics for fabricating piezocomposites by using gelcasting technique. Mater. Sci. Eng. B-Solid State Mater. Adv. Technol. 99 (2003) 25-28.
11. H.G. Zhang, L.T. Li, Y.L. Wang et al. Dielectric Behavior of Co2Z Hexagonal Ferrites with Multiple Modifications. J. Appl. Phys. (2002) 91(8): 5230-5233.
12. R.Z. Zuo, L.T. Li, Z.L. Gui et al. Effects of additives on the interfacial microstructure of cofired electrode-ceramic multilayer systems J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 85 (2002) 787-793.
13. N.X. Zhang, L.T. Li, B.R. Li, et al.Improvement of electric fatigue properties in PLZT ferroelectric ceramics due to SrBi2Ta2O9 incorporation. Mater. Sci. Eng. B-Solid State Mater. Adv. Technol. 90 (2002) 185-190.
14. Y.L. Wang, L.T. Li, J.Q. Qi et al. Ferroelectric characteristics of ytterbium-doped barium zirconium titanate ceramics. Ceram. Int. 28 (2002) 657-661.
15. J.C. Zhao, L.T. Li, and Z.L. Gui. A study on the properties of (Y, Mn) co-doped Sr0.5Pb0.5TiO3 thermistors. Mater. Sci. Eng. B-Solid State Mater. Adv. Technol. 94 (2002) 202-206.
16. L.T. Li, Z.L. Gui. Fabrication of low Firing Piezoelectric Ceramics and Their Applications. Ferroelectrics 262 (2001) 3-10.
17. J.L. Cao, L.T. Li, and Z.L. Gui. An XPS study on the degradation of lead magnesium niobate-based relaxor ferroelectrics during nickel electroplating
J. Mater. Chem. 11 (2001) 1198-1200. 18. H.G. Zhang, L.T. Li, J. Zhou et al. Low-temperature sintering, densification, and properties of Z-type hexaferrite with Bi2O3 additives. J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 84 (2001) 2889-2894.
19. J.C. Zhao, L.T. Li, and Z.L. Gui. Influence of lithium modification on the properties of Y-doped Sr0.5Pb0.5TiO3 thermistors. Sens. Actuator A-Phys. 95 (2001) 46-50.
20. N.X. Zhang, L.T. Li, and Z.L. Gui Improvement of electric fatigue in PLZT ferroelectric capacitors due to zirconia incorporation. Mater. Chem. Phys. 72 (2001) 5-10.
21. L.T. Li, R.Z. Zuo, Z.L. Gui. Interface Cofiring behavior of Multilayer devices between ferroelectric and Ag/PdElectrode. Ferroelectrics, 263 (1-4) (2001) 1555-1560.
22. L.J. Ruan, L.T. Li, and Z.L. Gui. X7R type lead complex perovskite ferroelectric ceramics with high dielectric constant. J. Mater. Res. 13 (1998) 253-256.
23. R.Z. Zuo, L.T. Li, R.Z. Chen et al. Sintering characteristics and dielectric properties of silver-doped PMN-PZN-PT relaxor ferroelectric ceramics. J. Mater. Sci. 35 (2000) 5433-5436.
24. L.T. Li, W.P. Chen, Z.L. Gui. A New Mechanism for the Influence of Electroplating and Electroless Plating on ferroelectric Components. Ferroelectrics (1999) 231: 209-210.
25. Z.L. Gui, L.T. Li, S.H. Gao et al. Low-Temperature Sintering of lead-Based Piezoelectric Ceramics. J. Am. Ceram. Soc. (1989) 72(3): 486-491.