Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University
Member, Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE)
Standing Director, Chinese Society of Particuology; Chemical Industry and Engineering Society of China.
Vice President , Chinese Society of Ecological Economy
Director; Committee of Ecological Industry Technology and Economy
Member Deliberating Group of Academic Degree Committee of State Council
Member of the International Advisory Committee on CFB Conferences Series.
Member, Advisory Board of "Chemical Engineering & Technology" VCH, Weinheim, Germany
- ※High Velocity Fluidization
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Reaction Kinetics
- Mathematical Modeling to Reactor Analysis
- ※Design and Development of Turbulent Fluidization, Circulating Fluidization and Concurrent Down-Flow Fluidization
- ※ Clean Chemical Technology including Gas-Liquid-Solid, Liquid-Solid Circulating Fluidized Bed for Linear Alkyl Benzene Synthesis
- ※ Coupling of Reaction-Reaction, Reaction-Separation Processes
- ※ Powder Technology including Ultra Fine Powder Manufacturing, Coating, Drying, Powder Mixing and Pneumatic Transport
- ※ Ecological Technologies and Engineering
2002-now, Director, Research Institute of Chemical Engineering Science & Technology, Tsinghua University.
1986-now, Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing
1980, Associate Professor, Tsinghua University, Beijing
1978, Lecturer, Tsinghua University, Beijing
1960-1973, Teaching Assistant, China Science & Technology University
1959-1960, Tianjin University, Graduate Study.
1955-1959, Ural Polytechnic College in Sverdlovsk, USSR, B.S.
Awards & Honors
2006, PSRI Lectureship Award in Fluidization, The American Institute of Chemical Engineering (AIChE)
1987, National Innovation Award (II) from Chinese National Sci. & Tech. Com.
1995, National Science and Technology Progress Award (II) from National Sci. & Tech. Com.
1991, Solo Chinese Nominee of 1991 United Nations' UNESCO Science Award
1993, Science and Technology Progress Award (II) from SINOPEC
1993, National Patent Award from Chinese Patent Office
1993, Outstanding Invention Patent Award from Beijing Innovation Association
1993 & 1995, Fundamental Research Award (II) from Chinese Ministry of Education
1995, Outstanding Teaching Award from Chinese Ministry of Education
1998, The "May Day" Gold Medal from Chinese National Labor Union
2000, Science and Technology Progress Award (II) from City Government of Beijing
2002, Industrial Mechanical Design Award from National Engineering and Design Committee
2004, Science and Technology Progress Award (II) from National Petrochemical Association
Published over 300 papers of important experimental findings and theoretical studies in various major international and national journals:
1. TF Wang, JF Wang, Y Jin. A CFD-PBM coupled model for gas-liquid flows. AIChE Journal, 52 (1): 125-140, 2006.
2. PC Luo, Y Cheng, ZW Wang, Y Jin, WH Yang. Study on the mixing behavior of thin liquid-sheet impinging jets using the PLIF technique. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 45 (2): 863-870, 2006.
3. HP Pan, TJ Wang, JH Yao, Y Jin. Granule transport and mean residence time in horizontal drum with inclined flights. Powder Technology, 162 (1): 50-58, 2006.
4. HX Wu, TJ Wang, Y Jin. Film-coating process of hydrated alumina on TiO2 particles. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 45 (4): 1337-1342, 2006.
5. GQ Ning, F Wei, Q Wen, GH Luo, Y Wang, Y Jin. Improvement of Fe/MgO catalysts by calcination for the growth of single-and double-walled carbon nanotubes. Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 110 (3): 1201-1205, 2006.
6. HL Xin, Q Wu, MH Han, DZ Wang, Y Jin. Alkylation of benzene with 1-dodecene in ionic liquids [Rmim]+Al2Cl6X- (R = butyl, octyl and dodecyl; X = chlorine, bromine and iodine). Applied Catalysis A-General, 292: 354-361, 2005.
7. S Chen, MH Han, C Xu, DZ Wang, Y Jin. Structure optimization of a circulating moving bed reactor. Chemical Engineering Communication, 192 (10-12): 1598-1620, 2005.
8. YH Yuan, MH Han, Y Cheng, DZ Wang, Y Jin. Experimental and CFD analysis of two-phase cross/countercurrent flow in the packed column with a novel internal. Chemical Engineering Science, 60 (22): 6210-6216, 2005.
9. TF Wang, JF Wang, Y Jin. Theoretical prediction of flow regime transition in bubble columns by the population balance model. Chemical Engineering Science, 60 (22): 6199-6209, 2005.
10. TF Wang, JF Wang, Y Jin. Population balance model for gas-liquid flows: Influence of bubble coalescence and breakup models. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 44 (19): 7540-7549, 2005.
11. TF Wang, JF Wang, Y Jin. Experimental study and CFD simulation of hydrodynamic behaviors in an external loop airlift slurry reactor. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 82 (6): 1183-1190, 2004.
12. TF Wang, JF Wang, Y Jin. An efficient numerical algorithm for "A novel theoretical breakup kernel function of bubble/droplet in a turbulent flow". Chemical Engineering Science, 59 (12): 2593-2595, 2004.
13. YH Yuan, MH Han, DZ Wang, Y Jin. Liquid phase residence time distribution for a two-phase countercurrent flow in a packed column with a novel internal. Chemical Engineering and Processing, 43 (12): 1469-1474, 2004.
14. Y Jin, DZ Wang, F Wei. The ecological perspective in chemical engineering. Chemical Engineering Science, 59 (8-9): 1885-1895, 2004.
15. HJ Wu, L Xiang, YC Jin, Y Jin. Preparation of highly-dispersed Mg(OH)(2) powders and influence factors, Journal of Inorganic Materials, 19 (5): 1181-1185, 2004.
1. Y Jin, F wei. Multi-Phase Chemical Reaction Engineering and Technology (PartⅠ, PartⅡ), Tsinghua University Press, 2006
2. Y Jin, JX Zhu et al. Fountamsntals of Fluidization Engineering, Tsinghua University Press, 2002
3. Y Jin, YR Li et al. Ecological Industry ——Principles and Applications, Tsinghua University Press, 2003
4. MH Han, Y Jin. Green Engineering Theory and Applications, Tsinghua University Press, 2005
5. Y Jin, WY Fei et al. Ecological Engineering and Circular Economy, 2006