Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University
Member, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Chinese Electron Microscopy Society, vice chairmen 2000-2004, standing director 2005
Materials Research Society of China, standing director 1996
The Consultor of IUCr (International Union of Crystallography) Commission on Electron diffraction, 2005
Member of IFSM International Scientific Advisory Committee of the 16th International Microscopy Congress (IMC16)
The editor of (Japan) 2000
The editor of (Elsevier) March 2006
The editor of Transaction of Nonferrous Metals Society of China
The editor Journal of Iron and Steel Research, International
The Editorial Review Board member, JNE (Journal of Nano Education, American Scientific Publishers) 2007-2009
The Member of University Council, Tsinghua University
The Member of the Presidium of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Director of Beijing National Center for Electron Microscopy
- Nano-Material and Nano-Structure
- Interface and Surface in Materials
- Electron Microscopy in Material Science
1996-now, Professor, Tsinghua University, Beijing
1962.9-1996.3, Professorship-Senior Engineer / Senior Engineer / Engineer / Assistant Engineer, in Central Iron and Steel
1984-1985, Faculty Visiting Associate Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Arizona State University
1980-1982, Faculty Research Associate, Arizona State University, USA
1957-1962 graduated from Department of Physics, Fudan University, China
1987.10 passing the National examination, organized by National Ministry of Education and National Ministry of Metallurgical Industry, being qualified going to U.S. for an advanced study.
1980.8-1980.9 advanced study under the guidance of Prof. J.M.Cowley in Center for Solid State Science, Arizona State University (ASU), U.S.
Awards & Honors
More than 10 prizes from the State and various ministries, including:
2004, Award of Science & Technology Achievement, Ho Leung Ho Lee Foundation
1992, 1st Prize of National Award for Science and Technology Progress
1989, 1991, 1st Prize of Science & Technology Progress, Ministry of Metallurgical Industry
Five national invention patents, and published more than 180 articles in academic journals and four monographs:
1. "Size dependence of Young's modulus in ZnO nanowire" Chen CQ, Shi Y, Zhang YS, Zhu J, Yan YJ, Physical Review Letters, 96, 075505 (4), Feb. 24, (2006)
2. "Size Effect on the crystal structure of Silver Nanowires" Xiaohua Liu, Jun Luo and Jing Zhu, Nano Letter, http://pubs.acs.org/cgi-bin/download.pl?nl052219n/j4Ee, http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nl052219n ,(2006)
3. "Uniform, axial-orientation alignment of one-dimensional single-crystal silicon nanostructure arrays ", Peng KQ, Wu Y, Fang H, Zhong XY, Xu Y, Zhu J, ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE -INTERNATIONAL EDITION 44 (18): 2737-2742 2005.
4. "Arrays of Heterojunctions of Ag Nanowires and Amorphous Carbon Nanotubes", Luo J, Huang ZP, Zhao YG, Zhang L, Zhu J, ADVANCED MATERIALS 16 (17): 1512-1515 SEP 3 2004
5. "Fabrication of large-area silicon nanowire p-n junction diode arrays", Peng KQ, Huang ZP, Zhu J, ADVANCED MATERIALS 16 (1): 73-76 JAN 5 2004
6. "Comment on "Tubular graphite cones"", Luo J, Zhu J, Ye HQ, SCIENCE 303 (5659): 766c FEB 6 2004
7. "Novel synthesis of Pt6Si5 nanowires and Pt6Si5-Si nanowire heterojunctions by using polycrystalline pt nanowires as templates", Luo J, Zhang L, Zhu J, ADVANCED MATERIALS 15 (7-8): 579-581 APR 17 2003
8. "Ordered Domain and Polar Cluster in Lead Magnesium Niobate Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3" H.Z.Jin, Jing Zhu, Shu Miao, X.W.Zhang and Z.Y.Cheng, Jounal of Applied Physics, 89(2001)9, 1 of May, pp. 5048-5052.
9. "Microdiffraction from Antiphase Domain Boundaries in Cu3Au", Jing Zhu and J.M. Cowley, Acta Crystallography 38:718 1982
10. "Electron Microscopy of A Muscovite-Biotite Interface", S. Iijima and Jing Zhu, American Mineralogist 67: 1195 1982
11. Jing Zhu, H.Q. Ye, R.H. Wang, S.L. Wen and Z.C. Kang, Science Publishing Company (1987). In Chinese edition.
12. Jing Zhu et al, Tsinghua Publishing Company. (2003). In Chinese edition.
Phone: +86-10-62794026, Fax: +86-10-62772507
Air mail address: Dept. of Material Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, P.R.China