Professor, Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University
Member, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Committee Member, Chinese Chemistry Society
Academician, International Academy of Sciences
Member, International Society for the Study of the Origin of Life
Member, the Board of International Conference on Phosphorus Chemistry
Member, the Board of International Society of Study on Origin of Life
Reviewer, the Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry
- Organo-Phosphorus Chemistry
- Bio-Organic Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry, Chemistry Biology and Origin of Life
2006-now, Dean, Department of Pharmacy, School of Medicine, Xiamen University, Xiamen
2000-now, Professor, Department of Chemistry, Xiamen University, Xiamen
1988-2004, Professor, Tsinghua University, Beijing
1976-1977, Post Doctorate, Department of Chemistry, SUNY, USA
1975, Ph.D., State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA
1971, B.S., Department of Chemistry, Taiwan Tsinghua University
Awards & Honors
2004, Chinese National Award for New Century Women Inventor
2004, 2nd Prize of the Chinese Ministry of Education "Penta-coordinated Phosphorus compounds containing amino acids, nucleoside and sugar"
2003, 2nd Prize of Science & Technology Progress, Ministry of Education
1997, 3rd Prize of the Chinese Ministry of Education "FAB-MS of the Amino acids and Peptides"
Published more than 300 papers in the national and international journals:
1. Yu-Fen Zhao, She-kang Xi, GaiJiao Ji. Ai-teng Song, J. Org. Chem., 1984, 49, 4551-4559, "The Phosphoryl as a Novel Amino Protecting Group for Firedel-Crafts Acylation of N-[2-(3,4-dialkoxyphenyl) ethyl]-glycine"
2. Mei-Juan Fang, Hua Fang, Yao-Jian Huang, Tetrahedron Letters, 2005, 46: 2147–2148, "Mycoediketopiperazine, a Novel Fungal Metabolite form A Popularia sp"
3. Ting Zhang, Xiao-Lan Chen, Ling-Bo Qu, Yu-Fen Zhao, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 2004, 12: 6097-6105, "Chrysin and Its Phosphate Ester Inhibit Cell Proliferation and Induce Apoptosis in Hela Cells"
4. Yun-Sheng Li, Yu-Fen Zhao, Scott Hatfield, Rong Wan, Qin Zhu, Xiong-Hong Li, Mark McMills, Yuan Ma, Jing Li, Kenneth L. Brown, Chen He, Fang Liu and Xiao-Zhuo Chen，Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry 8, 2000, 2675-2680, "Dipenptide Seryl-Histidine and Related Oligopeptides Cleave DNA, Protein, and a Carboxyl Ester"
5. Yong-Fang Li, Yao-Wu Sha, Yuan Ma and Yu-Fen Zhao, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 1995, Vol. 213, No. 3, 875-880, "Cleavage of DNA by N-Phosphoryl Histidine"
6. Yong Ye, Ming-yu Niu, Qiang Yin, Li-feng Cao, Yufen Zhao, J. Mass Spectrom., 2005, 40:690-692, "Electrospray Ionization Tandem Mass Spectrometric Characteristics of Hairpin Artificial Minic Polypeptide"
7. Qing Zeng, Qiang Yin, Yu-Fen Zhao, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 2005, 13: 2679, "The Study on the Interaction between Seryl-Histidine Dipeptide and Proteins by Circular Dichroism and Molecular Modeling"
8. Wei-Hua Zhou, Yong Ju, Yu-Fen Zhao, Qing-Gang Wang and Guoan Luo, Origin of life and Evolution of the Bioshere, 1996, 26, 547-560, Kluwer Academic publishers. Printed in the Netherlands, "Simultaneous Formation of Peptides and Nucleotides From N-Phosphothreonine"
9. Yu-Fen Zhao, Pei-Shen Cao, Journal of Biological Physics, 1994, 20, 283-287 "Phosphoryl Amino Acids Common Origin for Nuclec Acids and Protein"
10. Yu-Fen Zhao and Pei-Sheng Cao, Chamical : Physics of the Origin and Life, 1996, 279-285, Kluwer Academic Publishers, J. Chela-Fores and F. Raulin (eds), Printed in the Netherlands, "Basic Models of Chemical Evolution of Life. The Minimum Evolving System"
11. Feng Ni, Wu Li, Yan-Mei Li, et al, Current Protein & Peptide Science, 2005, 6 (5): 437-442, "Analysis of the Phosphoryl Transfer Mechanism of C-AMP Dependent Protein Kinase (PKA) by Penta-Coodinate Phosphoric Transition State Theory"
12. Ning Zhou, Kui Lu, Yan liu, Yi chen, Guo Tang, Shu-Xia Cao, Ling-Bo Qu and Yu-Fen Zhao, Rapid Communication in Mass Spectrometry, 2002, 16, 912-919, "Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometric Studies of Phosphorus Oxychloride Directed Synthesis of Homo-Oligopeptide Ester Libraries"
13. Hua Fu, Zhao-Long Li, Yu-Fen Zhao and Guang-Zhong Tu, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1999, 121, 291-295, "Oligomerization of N,O-Bis(Trimethylsilyl)-α-Amino Acids into Peptides Mediated by O-Phenylene Phosphorochloridate"
14. Jing Chen, Yi Chen, Yang Jiang, Hua Fu, Bin Xin, Yu-fen Zhao, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 2001; 15: 1936-1940, "Rearrangement of P-N to P-O Bonds in Mass Spectra of N-Diisopropyloxyphosphoryl Amino Acids/Alcohols"
15. Jing Chen, Yang Jiang, Hua Fu, Yi Chen, Chang-Mei Cheng, Yu-Fen Zhao, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 2001; 15: 1489-1493, "Rearrangement with Formamide Extrusion in the Electrospray Mass Spectra of Aminoacylbenzylamines"
16. Zhong-Zhou Chen, Shui-Bing Chen, Yi Chen, Yan-Mei Li, Jing Chen and Yu-Fen Zhao, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 2002, 16: 1-7, "Negative-Ion Electrospray Ionization Tandem Mass Spectrometry of N-Phosphoryl Amino Acids and Dipeptides"
17. Xiao-Lan Chen, Lin-Bo Qu, Ting Zhang, et al., Analytical Chemistry, 2004:76:211-217, "The Nature of Phosphorylated Chrysin-Protein Interactions Involved in Noncovalent Complex Formation by Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectroscopy"
18. Ming-Yu Niu, Shu-Xia Cao, Yong Ye, Zhen Zhang, Yu-Fen Zhao, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 2006, 20: 1077-1081, "Amino-catalyzed Fragmentation Characteristics of Polyamides Containing N-methylpyrrole and N-methylimidazole by Electrospray Negative Ionization Mass Spectrometry"
19. Qiang Yin, Zhen Zhang, Yu-Fen Zhao, Chinese Chemical Letters, 2006, 17: 1185-1188, "DNA Binding and Cleavage Property of Pyrenyl-macrocyclic Polyamine Conjugate"
Phone +86-592-218 5610 (office)
Fax +86-592-218 6292 (office)