Professor, Department of Precision Instruments and Technology, Tsinghua University
Member, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Honorary director, State Key Laboratory of Tribology
- Elastohydrodynamic Lubrication and Thin Film Lubrication Theory
- Mechanism of and Control of Friction and Wear
- Nano-tribology and Micro-Machine Design
1955-now, Tsinghua University, Beijing
1955, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tsinghua University
Awards & Honors
Won 19 items of national or ministerial prizes for his distinguished research achievements, including National Natural Science Prize (2nd rank), National Technology Invention Prize (3nd rank)
2005, Award of 2004 Teaching & Research, Tsinghua University
2002, Award of Science and Technology Achievement, Ho Leung Ho Lee Foundation
Had 6 patents, authored 5 monographs and published more than 500 papers.
1. SZ Wen, TN Ying, "A Theoretical and Experimental Study of EHL Lubrication with Grease", Trans. of ASME, Journal of Tribology, Vol.110(1), 1988, 38-43.
2. PR Yang, SZ Wen, "A Generalized Reynolds Equation for Non-Newtonian Thermal Elastohydrodynamic Lubrication", Trans. of ASME, Journal of Tribology, Vol.112(4), 1990, 631-636.
3. SZ Wen, "On Thin Film Lubrication", Lubrication Science, Vol.8(3), 1996, 275-286.
4. YB Zhang, SZ Wen, "A Lubrication Deviation from the Classical EHL Theory by the Lubricant Viscoplasticity", Tribology Transactions, Vol.44(2), 2001, 224-232, 305-309.
5. JB Luo, SZ Wen, "Mechanism and Characters of Thin Film Lubrication at Nanometer Scale", Science in China (A), Vol.39(12), 1996, 1312-1322.
Phone +86-10-62785714, Fax +86-10-62781379