Professor, Tsinghua University
Member, the Chinese Academy of Sciences
Fellow, the Third World Academy of Sciences
Chair, Chinese Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Member, Chinese Society of Biophysics
- Biochemistry and structural biology
- Statistical mechanics in enzymology
- Kinetics of enzyme inhibition and activation
- Kinetics of irreversible modification of enzyme activity
- Protein-ligand interaction
- Prediction of protein secondary structure.
2004- Professor, Department of Biological Siences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua
1999-2003 Director, Institute of Biophysics, Academia Sinica, P.R. China
1997-2003: Director, National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, P.R. China
1993-2003: Professor, Institute of Biophysics, Academia Sinica, P.R. China
1991-1993: Research associate, Department of Biochemistry, North Dakota State University, USA
1989-1991: Postdoctoral associate, Department of Chemistry, Cornell University, USA
1988-1989: Associate professor, Institute of Biophysics, Academia Sinica, P.R. China
1977-1981: Teaching assistant, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University
1988, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Science, PhD.
1977, Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, B.S.
Awards & Honors
Natural Science Award of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, First Class, 1990
National Natural Science Prize, Second Class, 1993
Young Scientist Award of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, First Class, 1993
Prize for Young Scientist of China, 1994
1. Wang, Z.X. (1994) Assessing the accuracy of protein secondary structure. Nature Structural Biology, 1, 145-146.
2. Wang, Z.X., Wang, H.R., Zhou, H.M. (1995) Kinetics of inactivation of amino-acylase by 2-chloromercuri-4-nitrophenol: A new type of complexing inhibitor. Biochemistry, 34, 6863-6868.
3. Wang, Z.X. (1996) How many fold types of protein are there in nature? Proteins: Structure. Function and Genetics, 26, 186-191.
4. Wang, M.H., Wang, Z.X. and Zhao, K.Y. (1996) Kinetics of inactivation of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A by bromopyruvic acid. Biochem. J., 320, 187-192.
5. Wu, J.W. and Wang, Z.X. (1998) Activation mechanism and modification kinetics of Chinese hamster dihydrofolate reductase by p-chloromercuribenzoate. Biochem. J., 335, 181-189.
6. Wang, Z.X. (1999) Influence of substrates on in vitro dephosphorylation of glycogen phosphorylase a by protein phosphatase-1. Biochem. J., 341, 545-554.
7. Wang, Z.X. and Yuan, Z. (2000) How good is the prediction of protein structural classes by the component-coupled method? Proteins: Structure, Function and Genetics, 38, 165-175.
8. Wang, Z.X. and Wu, J.W. (2002) Autophosphorylation kinetics of protein kinases. Biochem. J., 368, 947-952.
9. Wu, H., Zheng, Y. and Wang, Z.X. (2003) Evaluation of the catalytic mechanism of the p21-activated protein kinase PAK2. Biochemistry, 42, 1129-1139.
10. Wu, H. and Wang, Z.X. (2003) The mechanism of p21-activated protein kinase 2 autoactivation. J. Biol. Chem., 278, 41768-41778.