Professor, Department of Hydraulic Engineering, Tsinghua University
Member, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Hydro- environment Research (2007- present)
- Hydraulics and River Dynamics
- Soil Erosion and Sediment Transport in River Basins
1992, Associate Professor, Tsinghua University
1995 to now, Professor, Tsinghua University
1989, Ph.D., Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
1985, M.S., Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
1982, B.S., Wuhan Institute of Hydraulic and Electric Engineering, Wuhan, China
Awards & Honors
First Prize of National Award for Science and Technology Progress, 1999
Second Prize of National Award for Science and Technology Progress, 2006
Second Prize of National Award for Science and Technology Progress, 2008
1. Wang G Q, Fu X D, Huang Y F, Huang G, Analysis of suspended sediment transport in open-channel flows: Kinetic-model-based simulation, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering-ASCE,134(3),2008,328-339.
2. Wang G Q, Xia J Q, Wu B S, Numerical simulation of longitudinal and lateral channel deformations in the braided reach of the Lower Yellow River, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering-ASCE, 134(8), 2008,1064-1078.
3. WANG G Q, LIU F, FU X D, LI T J, Simulation of dam breach development for emergency treatment of the Tangjiashan Quake Lake in China, Sci China Ser E-Tech Sci, 51(Supp. II), 2008, 82-94.
4. Wang G Q, Wu B S, Li T J, Digital yellow river model, Journal of Hydro-environment Research, 1(1), 2007, 1-11.
5. Wang G Q, Fu X D, Wang X K,Kinetic modeling of constitutive relations for particle motion in low to moderately concentrated flows,International Journal of Sediment Research,20(4),2005,305-318.
6. Wang G Q, Wu B S, Wang Z Y, Sedimentation problems and management strategies of Sanmenxia Reservoir, Yellow River, China. Water Resources Research, 41(9) , 2005, Art: No. W09417.
7. Ni J R, Wang G Q, Borthwick A G L, Kinetic theory for particles in dilute and dense solid-liquid flows, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, 126(12), 2000, 892-903.
8. Wang G Q, Ni J R, The kinetic theory for dilute solid/liquid two-phase flows, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 17(2), 1991, 273-281.
9. Ni J R, Wang G Q, Vertical sediment distribution, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, 117(9), 1991, 1184-1194.
10. Wang G Q, Ni J R, Kinetic theory for particle concentration distribution in two-phase flow, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, 116(12), 1990, 2738-2748.
Department of Hydraulic Engineering Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 100084