Professor, Institute of Nuclear and New Energy Technology (INET), Tsinghua University, China
Member, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Vice President, China Nuclear Society
- High Temperature Gas-cooled Reactor
- Nuclear Heating Reactor for Co-Generation of Electricity and Heat, as well as Desalination of Sea Water
- Energy strategy study
1959-now, Tsinghua University, Beijing
1985-1993, Director of INET, Tsinghua University
1987-1993, Chief Scientist of the expert committee in the area of energy of the National High Technology Development Program.
1994-2003, President, Tsinghua University
1981-1982, Aachen University of Technology, Germany, Doctor of Natural Science
1961-1962, Tsinghua University, M.S.
1958, Department of Engineering Physics, Tsinghua University, B.S.
Awards & Honors
1992 and 2007, Twice awarded 1st Prize of the Chinese National Award of Science & Technology Progress
1994, Science & Technology Achievement Award, HK "Ho Leung Ho Lee" Foundation
1989, Title of "National Advanced Scientist" Awarded the Honorary Doctor's Degrees by the University of Hong Kong, University of Baptist, University of Maco, Waseda University, Japan, and Ecole Centrale de Paris, France.
1. "Untersuchung eines Hochtemperaturreaktors mit einen mittleren Graphitkugel-Bereich." Jül-1809 Oct.1982 ISSN0366-0885
2. "The Status of HTGR Research and Development in China" Nuclear Engineering and Design, 132(1991), 95-97, North Holand.
3. "Technical Design Features and Safety Analysis of the 200MWt Nuclear Heating Reactor", Nuclear Engineering and Design, 143(1993), 1-7, North Holand.
4. "Experimental Study and Operation Experiences of the 5MW Nuclear Heating Reactor", Nuclear Engineering and Design, 143(1993), 9-18, North Holand
5. "Roles and Prospect of Nuclear Power in China's Energy Supply Strategy", Nuclear Engineering and Design, 218(2002), 3-12, North Holand.
Phone +86-10-62782035, Fax +86-10-62770349