- International Students
- Non-Degree Programs
- Summer Programs
Tsinghua has established partnerships with more than 200 universities around the world, and student exchange has been implemented with more than 120 partner universities. The students exchanged from partner universities study in Tsinghua (take courses or do research) for one to two semesters and transfer back the credits to their home university. There are nearly 300 English-taught courses open to the exchange students. Meanwhile, Chinese Language courses are offered to help them to learn basic Chinese. In Fall Semester 2015, there are 507 exchange/visiting students from 47 countries studying at Tsinghua.
The Course taught in English
The course lists contain courses delivered in English with a brief introduction of each course. All the courses listed are just for reference. The latest list will be put forward at the end of each semester. Visiting and exchange student can choose courses taught both in Chinese and English and courses both at graduate level and undergraduate level.
If you are applying for admission to the Visiting Programs (rather than Student Exchange Programs) of Tsinghua University, you may apply for Chinese Government Scholarship through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country. The application time is from last November to April of the year (varied for different countries). Please find out the application deadline for your country in advance. For the contacts of Chinese Embassies and Consulates, please visit the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China.
When filling in the scholarship application form, the applicant should select Tsinghua University as the first priority institution.
If you are applying for admission to the University-level Student Exchange Program and coming from a partner university of Tsinghua in the following regions, you may have an opportunity to be nominated for the following special Chinese Government Scholarships, which are established by Chinese Government to promote student exchange between Chinese universities and foreign partner universities.
1. Credit Student Scholarship for China-US Humanities Exchange: RMB 2500 per month. The partner universities in the United States that have signed university-level student exchange agreements with Tsinghua, may recommend appropriate candidates to the International Students Office (ISO) of Tsinghua University.
2. Credit Student Scholarship for China-Europe Exchange: RMB 2500 per month. The partner universities in Europe that have signed university-level student exchange agreements with Tsinghua, may recommend appropriate candidates to the International Students Office (ISO) of Tsinghua University.
3. Scholarship for Campus Asia Program: full scholarship. The partner universities in Japan and Korea that have signed university-level student exchange agreements with Tsinghua, may recommend appropriate candidates to the International Students Office (ISO) of Tsinghua University.
For more information about Chinese Government Scholarship, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council (CSC).
Application for Visiting/Exchange Programs of Spring 2017
Oct. 15 – Nov. 30, 2017: application accepted for university-level exchange program of Spring 2017
Oct. 15 – Nov. 30, 2017: application accepted for visiting programs of Spring 2017
Registration of New Students of Fall 2016
New visiting/exchange students of Fall 2017: Sept 7-8, 2016.
Location: International Students Office, Zijing Apartment Building No. 22, Tsinghua University.
Dorm Application for New Students of Fall 2016
1. The online application system is on http://www.thutraining.com .
2. Online application date and time (all in Beijing Time, GMT+0800) for different types of students:
University-level Exchange Students: 8:30 AM July 25, 2016 – 8:00 AM July 26, 2016;
Visiting Students: 8:30 AM July 26, 2016 – 8:00 AM July 27, 2016.
3. There are only a limited number of rooms available. First come, first serve.
4. International students sponsored by Chinese Government Scholarship (full scholarship) do not need to book dormitory room.
5. For more details of dorm application, please refer to the Instructions of International Student Dormitory Application System of Tsinghua University (Spring 2016).
Application for Programs of Fall Semester 2016
From March 15to April 30, 2015, application is accepted for the Visiting/Exchange Programs of Fall semester 2016.
Academic Affairs Office
Room B431-1,Lee Shau Kee Science and Technology Building, Tsinghua University
Beijing 100084, P. R. China