Department of Electronic Engineering
Wenhua Chen Ph.D, Associate Professor, IEEE Senior Member
Room 10-205, Rohm Building, Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University,
Beijing, China, 100084
1997.09 - 2001.07 Bachelor University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
2001.09 - 2006.07 Ph.D Tsinghua University
2006.08 - 2010.08 Assistant Professor Tsinghua University, China
2010.09 - 2011.09 Postdoc University of Calgary, Canada
2011.10 – Now Assistant Professor Tsinghua University, China
2008.06 - 2008.07 Visiting Scholar Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
2013.01 - 2013.02 Research Fellow Hong Kong City University, Hong Kong
Member of National Electronic Metrology Advisory Committee
Member of National Millimeter-Wave Advisory Committee
Associate Editor for International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technology
Lead Guest Editor for International Journal of Antennas and Propagation
Reviewer for IEEE T-MTT、T-CAS I、T-IE、T-AP、MWCL、AWPL
RF Power Amplifier Design and Linearization
Digital Assisted RF Circuit Technique
Energy-Efficient Millimeter Wave Array Transmitter
1. Cooperative Energy-Efficient Microwave Theory and Circuit (Outstanding Youth Science Foundation, Chinese CARRER) (National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2016-2018)
2. High Efficiency Concurrent Multiband Microwave Theory and Implementation Method (National Basic Research Program of China(973), 2014-2018)
3. Millimeter Wave Wireless Communication Key Technologies and Evaluation (National Science and Technology Major Project of the Ministry of Science and Technology of China, 2015-2016)
4. GaN PA for New Generation Wireless Communication Base Station (National High Technology Research and Development Program of China(863), 2015-2017)
5. High Performance RF GaN Power Transistor Development (National Science and Technology Major Projec, 2014-2015)
1. 2015 Outstanding Youth Science Foundation of NSFC
2. 2014 URSI Young Scientist Award
3. 2013 Second Prize for Science & Technology Achievement of the Chinese Institute of Electronics (First Winner)
4. 2013 Winner of Education Ministry's New Century Excellent Talents Supporting Plan.
5. APMC 2010 Student Paper Prize (Second Winner)
1. Wenhua Chen, Silong Zhang, Youjiang Liu, Fadhel M Ghannouchi, Zhenghe Feng, Yuanan Liu, “Efficient Pruning Technique of Memory Polynomial Models Suitable for PA Behavioral Modeling and Digital Predistortion,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol.62, No.10, pp.2290-2299,Oct. 2014.
2. Y.-J. Liu, J. Zhou, W. Chen, and B.-H. Zhou. “A robust augmented complexity- reduced generalized memory polynomomial for wideband RF power amplifiers,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol.61, No.5, pp.2389-2401, May, 2014.
3. Wenhua Chen, Silong Zhang, Youjiang Liu, Yucheng Liu, Fadhel M Ghannouchi, “A Concurrent Dual-Band Uneven Doherty Power Amplifier with Frequency-Dependent Input Power Division,” IEEE Transactions on Analog Circuits and Systems, Vol.61, No. 2, pp.552-561, 2014.
4. Zisheng Lu, Wenhua Chen, “Resistive second-harmonic impedance continuous class-F PA with over one octave bandwidth for cognitive radios,” IEEE Journal of Emerging Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems, Vol.3, No.4, pp.489-497, Dec. 2013.
5. Xiaofan Chen, Wenhua Chen, Fadhel Ghannouchi, Zhenghe Feng, Yuanan Liu, “Enhanced analysis and design method of concurrent dual-band power amplifiers with intermodulation impedance tuning,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Technology, Vol. 61, No. 12, Part 2, pp.4544-4558, Dec. 2013.
6. Yucheng Liu, Wenhua Chen, Xiang Li, Zhenghe Feng, “Design of Compact Dual Band Power Dividers with Frequency-Dependent Division Ratios Based on Multi-Section Coupled-Line,” IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol3, No.3, pp.467-475, Mar. 2013.
7. You-Jiang Liu, Wenhua Chen, Jie Zhou, Bang-Hua Zhou, Fadhel M. Ghannouchi, “Digital Predistortion for Concurrent Dual-Band Transmitters Using 2D Modified Memory Polynomial,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Technology, vol. 61, no. 1, pp.281-290, Jan. 2013.
8. You-Jiang Liu, Wenhua Chen, Jie Zhou, Bang-Hua Zhou, Fadhel M. Ghannouchi, and Yi-Nong Liu “Modified Least Squares Extraction for Volterra Series Digital Predistorter in The Presence of Feedback Measurement Errors,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Technology, Vol. 60, No. 11, pp. 3559–3570, Nov. 2012.
9. Seyed Aidin Bassam, Andrew Kwan, Wenhua Chen, Mohamed Helaoui, and Fadhel M. Ghannouchi,” Subsampling Feedback Loop Applicable to Concurrent Dual-Band Linearization Architecture,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Technology, Vol. 60, Iss.6, pp.1990-1999, June, 2012.
10. Wenhua Chen, S. A. Bassam, X. Li, Y. Liu, K. Rawat, M. Helaoui, F. M. Ghannouchi, Z. Feng, “Design and Linearization of Concurrent Dual-Band Doherty Power Amplifier with Frequency-Dependent Power Ranges”, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Technology, Vol. 59, Iss.10, Part 1, pp.2537-2546, Oct., 2011.