Dr. ZHENG Siqi
Associate Professor, Institute of Real Estate Studies
Deputy Head, Department of Construction Management
He Shanheng Building, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, P. R. China
Phone: (8610) 62772734
Deputy Head, Department of Construction Management (Oct. 2010 to present)
Associate Professor, Institute of Real Estate Studies, Department of Construction Management, Tsinghua University (Dec. 2007 to present)
Assistant Professor, Institute of Real Estate Studies, Department of Construction Management, Tsinghua University (Mar. 2005 to Dec. 2007)
Visiting Associate Professor, Department of Real Estate, Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College, City University of New York
Research Fellow, Peking University – Lincoln Institute Center for Urban Development and Land Policy
Research Fellow, Center for Industry Development and Environmental Governance (CIDEG), School of Public Policy and Management, Tsinghua University
Research Affiliate, Real Estate Academic Initiative, Harvard University
Vice Secretary, Global Chinese Real Estate Congress (GCREC)
Vice Secretary, Chinese Association of Real Estate Education and Research
Examination Committee Member, China’s National Examination of Registered Real Estate Appraiser
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Housing Economics
Associate Editor, International Real Estate Review
(1) Dr. Siqi Zheng’s field of specialization is urban economics and housing market. Her research interests include urban spatial structure, urban growth and sustainable development; housing supply, housing choices, low-income housing policies.
(2) She is also interested in real estate economics and finance, including real estate price index, price dynamics and public housing finance.
Recent Research Projects:
(1) “Spatial Integrated Modeling of Land-Use-Transportation-Environment in Chinese Cities”, sponsored by the National Nature Science Fund (70973065), 2010~2012, Principle Investigator.
(2) “Land Supply Strategies for Low-Income Housing Projects”, sponsored by the National Social Science Fund (Major Project), 2010~2012, Co-Investigator.
(3) “The Impacts of Local Government Behaviors on Land and Housing Markets”, sponsored by Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, 2010~2011, Principle Investigator.
(4) “The Statistic System of Real Estate Market in China”, sponsored by National Bureau of Statistics of China, 2010~2011, Principle Investigator.
(5) “Housing Affordability and Sustainability in Chinese Cities”, sponsored by Peking University - Lincoln Institute Center for Urban Development and Land Policy, 2010~2011, Principle Investigator.
(6) “Land Use and Transportation Integrated Modeling in Beijing”, sponsored by Beijing Municipal Institute of City Planning & Design, 2009~2010, Principle Investigator.
(7) “Forecasting Models in Chinese Real Estate Market”, sponsored by Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, 2008~2010, Principle Investigator.
(8) “Spatial Analysis of Real Estate Market in Chengdu”, sponsored by Chengdu Urban-Rural Real Estate Bureau, 2010, Principle Investigator.
(9) “The Greenness of Cities: Carbon Dioxide Emissions and Urban Development in China”, sponsored by Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, 2008~2010, Principle Investigator.
(1) Siqi Zheng, Rui Wang, Edward L. Glaeser and Matthew E. Kahn. The Greenness of China: Household Carbon Emissions and Urban Development. Journal of Economic Geography. 10(6), 2010:1-32.
(2) Siqi Zheng, Matthew E. Kahn and Hongyu Liu. Towards a System of Open Cities in China: Home Prices, FDI flows and Air Quality in 35 Major Cities. 2009. Regional Science and Urban Economics. 40, 2010: 1-10.
(3) Siqi Zheng, Fenjie Long, Cindy Fan and Yizhen Gu. Urban Villages in China: A 2008 Survey of Migrant Settlements in Beijing. Eurasian Geography and Economics. 50(4), 2009: 1-22.
(4) Siqi Zheng, Richard B. Peiser and Wenzhong Zhang. The Rise of External Economies in Beijing: Evidence from Intra-urban Wage Variation. Regional Science and Urban Economics, 49, 2009: 449-459.
(5) Siqi Zheng, Yuming Fu and Hongyu Liu. Demand for Urban Quality of Living in China: Evidence from Cross-City Land Rent Growth. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 38, 2009: 194-213.
(6) Siqi Zheng and Matthew E. Kahn. Land and Residential Property Markets in a Booming Economy: New Evidence from Beijing. Journal of Urban Economics, 63, 2008: 743-757.
(7) Siqi Zheng, Yuming Fu and Hongyu Liu. Housing-Choice Hindrances and Urban Spatial Structure: Evidence from Matched Location and Location-Preference Data in Chinese Cities, Journal of Urban Economics, 60, 2006: 535-557.
(1) Ding Wenjie, Siqi Zheng, Guo Xiaoyang. Value of Access to Jobs and Amenities: Evidence for New Residential Properties in Beijing. Tsinghua Science and Technology, 2010, forthcoming.
(2) Fenjie Long, Ming Guo, Siqi Zheng. Estimating the Willingness-to-Pay for Housing in Chinese Cities. Tsinghua Science and Technology, 14(3), 2009: 360-366.
(3) Jing Wu and Siqi Zheng. Determinants of Housing Liquidity in Chinese Cities: Does Market Maturity Matter? Tsinghua Science and Technology, 13(5), 2008: 689-695.
(4) Siqi Zheng, Hongyu Liu and Rebecca Lee. Buyer Search and the Role of Broker in an Emerging Housing Market: A Case Study of Guangzhou, Tsinghua Science and Technology, 11(6), 2006: 675-685.
(5) Siqi Zheng and Hongyu Liu. Interaction among Construction Investment, Other Investment and GDP in China, Tsinghua Science and Technology, 9(2), 2004:160-167.
(6) Fengjie Long, Siqi Zheng, Yijun Wang and Ming Guo. Value estimates of local public services using a spatial econometric model. 49(12), 2009: 2028-2031.
(7) Jing Wu, Siqi Zheng and Hongyu Liu. The Representativeness of the Sample Error and its Correction in Housing price statistics. China Civil Engineering Journal. 2(3), 2009,4 : 140-144.
(8) Rongrong Ren, Siqi Zheng and Yijun Wang. Non-parametric Estimation of the Land Use Spatial Model. Journal of Tsinghua University. 49(3), 2008: 325-328.
(9) Xiqun Chen and Siqi Zheng. Average Duration of Return for Evaluation of Mutually Exclusive Projects. China Civil Engineering Journal, 40(11), 2007: 104-109.
(10) Siqi Zheng and Hongyu Liu. Income Elasticity of Housing Demand in China: Model, Estimation and Forecast. 7, 2005: 320-324.
(11) The Econometrical Model and Analysis on Relationship between Construction Investment and Economic Growth in China. Journal of Tsinghua University(Philosophy and Social Sciences),2, 2002: 87-92.
(12) Siqi Zheng, Yuming Fu and Rongrong Ren. Who should Pay for Housing Security Programs:The Central Government or Local Governments? Journal of Public Administration, 6, 2009: 30-46.
(13) Siqi Zheng and Yang Cao. Rural Migrants’ Housing Issues: A Study based on Economic Growth and Social Integration. Guangdong Social Science. 2009, 5: 34-41.
(14) Siqi Zheng and Yang Cao. The Spatial Relationship between Jobs and Housing in Chinese cities: An Empirical Study Using Two Micro Datasets. Urban Studies. 2009. 6, 16(6): 29-35.
(1) Siqi Zheng. A Microeconomic Study of Housing Demand in China. Beijing: China Architecture and Building Press, 2007.
(2) Hongyu Liu and Siqi Zheng. Urban and Real Estate Economics. Beijing: China Architecture and Building Press, 2007.
(3) Hongyu Liu and Siqi Zheng. Real Estate Broker Service: Theories and Practices. Beijing: China Architecture and Building Press, 2006.