Prof. Jinying Yuan
1. Biographical information
Name: Jinying Yuan
Degree: Ph. D., University of Science and Technology of China, Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, 2000
Office: Room 106, Hetian Building (New Chemistry Building)
Address: Deparment of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, P. R. of China
Research Group Website: www.yuanjinyinggroup.com
Ph. D., Polymer Chemistry and Physics, 2000,
Department of Polymer Science and Engineering,
University of Science and Technology of China
Master of Science: Polymer Chemistry and Physics, 1990,
Department of Materials Science and Engineering,
University of Science and Technology of China
Bachelor of Science: Polymer Chemistry and Physics, 1987,
Department of Applied Chemistry,
University of Science and Technology of China
Dec., 2011---now, Professor: Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University
2002-2011, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University
2006.9-2007.3, Visiting scholar, Department of Chemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech)
2000-2002, Post-doctor, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
1993-1997, Assistant Professor, College of Chemical Engineering, Hefei University of Technology
1990-1992, Research Scientist, Institute of the Development between City and Countryside of East China
Current (Since Spring 2004): Polymer Chemistry (for undergraduate students)
Current (Since Autumn 2008): Synthetic Chemistry of Polymer (for graduate students)
Past (Spring 2003): Functional Polymer Science (for graduate students)
3. Current Research and Research Interests:
Methodology Study of Polymer Synthetic Chemistry,
Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Nanomaterials,
Others ((Including Stabilizers, Adhesives…)
Other Academic Activities
Current Organic Synthesis，editorial board member
Soft Nanoscience Letter, editorial board member
Journal of Encapsulation and Adsorption Science, editorial board member
The Open Natural Products Journal, editorial board member
International Journal of Polymer Science, Lead Guest Editor for Special Issue
4. Selected Publications:
1) Qiang Yan, Rong Zhou, Changkui Fu, Huijuan Zhang, Yingwu Yin, and Jinying Yuan*, CO2-Responsive Polymeric Vesicles that Breath, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2011, 50(21), 4923-4927.
Selected as Hot paper.
2) Qiang Yan, Jinying Yuan*, Zhinan Cai, Yan Xin, Yan Kang, Yingwu Yin.Voltage-responsive vesicles based on orthogonal assembly of two homopolymers, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132, 9268-9270.
Highlighted by Nature China and Synfacts.
"Making ends meet", Highlighted by Nature China (Published online: 07 July 2010 | doi:10.1038/nchina.2010.79).
"Electrical stimuli induced reversible self-assembly", Highlighted by Synfacts. (Synfacts, 2010, 9, 1009).
3) Qiang Yan, Jun Hu, Rong Zhou, Yong Ju, Yingwu Yin, Jinying Yuan*, Visible light-responsive micelles formed from dialkoxyanthracene-containing block copolymer, Chem. Commun., 2012, 48 (13), 1913 - 1915.
4) Qiang Yan, Yan Xin, Rong Zhou, Yingwu Yin, Jinying Yuan*, Light-controlled smart nanotubes based on the orthogonal assembly of two homopolymers, Chem. Commun., 2011, 47(34), 9594-9596.
The Inside Cover for Chemical Communications, 2011, Volume 47, Issue 34.
5) Qiang Yan, Jinying Yuan*, Yan Kang, Zhinan Cai, Lilin Zhou, Yingwu Yin.Dual-sensing porphyrin-containing copolymer nanosensor as full-specturm colorimeter and ultra-sensitive thermometer. Chem. Commun., 2010, 46, 2781-2783.
Highlighted by Nature China, and Highlights in Chemical Technology.
"Twin-action nanosensor", Highlights in Chemical Technology, 2010, 4
(Top 4 most downloaded ChemComm articles in April 2010)
"Sensors: A rainbow of colours" Highlighted by Nature China, Published online: 31 March 2010 | doi:10.1038/nchina.2010.44.
6) Qiang Yan, Jinying Yuan*, Yan Kang, Yingwu Yin.Dynamic supramacromolecular self-assembly: deformable polymer fabricated nanostructures through host-controlled approach, Polymer Chemistry, 2010, 1(4), 423-425.
The Front Cover for Polymer Chemistry，2010, Issue 4
7) Yan Kang, Lilin Zhou, Xia Li, Jinying Yuan*. β-Cyclodextrin-modified hybrid magnetic nanoparticles for catalysis and adsorption, J. Mater. Chem., 2011, 21(11), 3704-3710.
8) Lilin Zhou, Jinying Yuan*, Yen Wei*. Core-shell structural magnetic hybrid nanoparticles: From the controlled synthesis to biomedical applications, J. Mater. Chem., 2011, 21(9), 2823-2840.
Top One most-read article from the online version of Journal of Materials Chemistry in November, 2010
9) Weizhong Yuan, Jinying Yuan*, Lilin Zhou, Sizhu Wu, Xiaoyin Hong. Fe3O4@poly(2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate)-graft-poly(ε- caprolactone) magnetic nanoparticles with branched brush polymeric shell, Polymer, 2010, 51(12), 2540-2547.
10) Qiang Yan, Jinying Yuan*, Fengbo Zhang, Xuming Xie, Yingwu Yin, Shanfeng Wang, Yen Wei*. A new versatile cellulose-based dual graft molecular brush as potential drug nanocarriers: stimulus responsive micelles, self-assembled phase transition behaviors, and tunable crystalline morphologies, Biomacromolecules, 2009, 10, 2033-2042.
11) Tao Meng, Xia Gao,Jun Zhang*,Jinying Yuan*, Yuzhu Zhang, Jiasong He. ，2009, 50, 447-454.Graft copolymers prepared by atom transfer radical polymerization (ATRP) from cellulose, Polymer 2009, 50, 447-454.
12) Qiang Yan, Jinying Yuan*, Weizhong Yuan, Mi Zhou, Yingwu Yin and Caiyuan Pan*. Copolymer logical switches adjusted through core-shell micelles: from temperature response to fluorescence response, Chem. Commun., 2008, 6188-6190.
13) Xiaofeng Sui, Jinying Yuan*, Mi Zhou, Jun Zhang*, Haijun Yang, Weizhong Yuan, Yen Wei, Caiyuan Pan. Synthesis of cellulose-graft-poly(N, N-dimethylamino-2-ethyl methacrylate) copolymers via homogeneous ATRP and their aggregates in aqueous media, Biomacromolecules, 2008, 9, 2615-2620.
14) Weizhong Yuan, Jinying Yuan*, Mi Zhou, Caiyuan Pan. Synthesis, characterization, and fluorescence of pyrene-containing eight-arm star-shaped dendrimer-like copolymer with pentaerythritol core, J. Polym. Sci. Part A: Polym. Chem., 2008, 46, 2788-2798.
15) Weizhong Yuan, Jinying Yuan*, Fengbo Zhang, Xuming Xie, Caiyuan Pan. Synthesis, characterization, crystalline morphologies and hydrophilicity of brush copolymers with double crystallizable side chains, Macromolecules, 2007, 40, 9094-9102.
16) Weizhong Yuan, Jinying Yuan*, Fengbo Zhang, Xuming Xie. Synthesis, characterization and in vitro degradation of ethyl cellulose-graft-poly(ε-caprolactone)-block-poly (L-lactide) copolymers by sequential ring-opening polymerization, Biomacromolecules, 2007, 8, 1101-1108.
17) Mi Zhou, Jinying Yuan*, Weizhong Yuan, Yingwu Yin, Xiaoyin Hong. Functionalization of lanthanum hydroxide nanowires by atom transfer radical polymerization, Nanotechnology, 2007, 18, 405704.
18) Weizhong Yuan, Jinying Yuan*, Sixun Zheng, Xiaoyin Hong. Synthesis, characterization, and controllable drug release of dendritic star-block copolymer by ring-opening polymerization and atom transfer radical polymerization, Polymer, 2007, 48, 2585-2594.
19) Weizhong Yuan, Jinying Yuan*, Mi Zhou, Xiaofeng Sui. Synthesis, Characterization and thermal properties of dendrimer-star block-comb copolymers by ring-opening polymerization and atom transfer radical polymerization, J. Polym. Sci. Part A: Polym. Chem., 2006, 44, 6575-6586.
20) Yonghong He, Jinying Yuan,* Fengyi Su, Xinhui Xing, and Gaoquan Shi*. Bacillus subtilis assisted assembly of gold nanoparticles into long conductive nodous ribbons，J. Phys. Chem. B, 2006, 110, 17813-17818.
21) Yonghong He, Jinying Yuan,* Gaoquan Shi*. Fabrication of gold nanocrystal coated polypyrrole nanotubule, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2005, 15, 859-862.
22) Jinying Yuan, Liangti Qu, Deqiang Zhang, Gaoquan Shi*. Linear arrangements of polypyrrole microstructure. Chem. Commun., 2004, 994-995.
23) Jinying Yuan, Caiyuan Pan*, Benzhong Tang. “Living” free radical ring-opening polymerization of 5,6-benzo-2-methylene-1,3-dioxepane using the atom transfer radical polymerization method, Macromolecules, 2001, 34, 211-214.
24) Weizhong Yuan, Fengbo Zhang, Jinying Yuan*, Xuming Xie, Xiaoyin Hong. Effect of molecular structure on the surface morphology of ultrathin films by competing crystallization and dewetting processes. Acta Phys. Chim. Sin., 2010, 26(4), 1157-1163. (Invited Paper for Celebration of the 100th Anniversary of Chemical Research and Education at Peking University).
25) Lilin Zhou, Jinying Yuan*, Weizhong Yuan, Xiaofeng Sui, Sizhu Wu, Zhaolong Li, Dezhong Shen. Synthesis, characterization, and controllable drug release of pH-sensitive hybrid magnetic nanoparticles, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 2009, 321(18), 2799-2804.
26) Lilin Zhou, Jinying Yuan*, Weizhong Yuan, Mi Zhou, Sizhu Wu, Zhaolong Li, Xinhui Xing, Dezhong Shen. Synthesis and characterization of multi-functional hybrid magnetite nanoparticles with biodegradability, superparamagnetism, and fluorescence, Materials Letters, 2009, 63(18/19), 1567-1570.
27) Jinming Kuang, Jinying Yuan*, Mi Zhou, Weizhong Yuan, Xiaofeng Sui, Zhaolong Li. Grafting of PEG onto Lanthanum Hydroxide Nanowires Materials Letters, 2008, 62(25), 4078-4080.
28) Mei Li, Jinying Yuan*, Gaoquan Shi*, Electrochemical fabrication of nanoporous polypyrrole thin films, Thin Solid Films, 2008, 516, 3836-3840.
29) Lilin Zhou, Weizhong Yuan, Jinying Yuan*, Xiaoyin Hong. Preparation of Double-Responsive SiO2-g-PDMAEMA Nanoparticles via ATRP, Materials Letters, 2008, 62: 1372-1375.
30) Xiaofeng Sui, Jinying Yuan, Weizhong Yuan, Mi Zhou. Preparation of cellulose nanofibers/nanoparticles via electrospray, Chemistry Letters, 2008, 37(1), 114-115.
31) Weizhong Yuan, Jinying Yuan*, Sixun Zheng, Xiaozhen Tang. Synthesis of star-shaped poly(ε-caprolactone)-b-poly(L-lactide)-b-poly(D,L-lactide-co-glycolid) from hexakis[p-(hydroxymethyl)phenoxy]cyclotriphosphazene initiator via ring-opening polymerization, J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 2007, 104, 2310-2317.
32) Rui Hao, Jinying Yuan*, Qing Peng. Fabrication and sensing behavior of Cr2O3 nanofibers via in situ gelation and electrospinning, Chemistry Letters, 2006, 35, 1248-1249.