Prof. Dr. Meixiang WANG
Prof. Dr. Wang received a BS degree in 1983 from the Department of Chemistry, Fudan University. After spending 3 years in General Research Institute of Non-ferrous Metals as a research associate, he joined Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences (ICCAS) at Beijing as a research student. He obtained his master degree (1989) and PhD (1992) under the supervision of Professor Zhi-Tang Huang. He then worked at ICCAS in the next 17 years, ranking from assistant professor, associate professor and professor. During 2000 to 2004, he served as the Director of ICCAS. Since the May of 2009, he has become a professor of chemistry in Tsinghua University. His research interests include enantioselective biotransformations using whole cell catalysts, selective organic reactions for the synthesis of natural products and bioactive compounds, and supramolecular chemistry of novel heteroatom-bridged calixaromatics.
Adv. Synth. Catal. (advisory board member)
Asian J. Org. Chem. (advisory board member);
Beilstein J. Org. Chem. (advisory board member)
Chinese J. Chem. (executive editorial board member)
International Conference on Calixarene (advisory committee member)
IUPAC, Chemistry and Human Health Division (national representative)
Org. Chem. Front. (associate editor)
Supramol. Chem. (editorial board member)
中国科学 – 化学 （编委）
1. Macrocyclic and supramolecular chemistry of heteracalixaromatics and corona[n]arenes
2. Anion-π non-covalent bond interactions and molecular recognition
3. Chemistry of high valent organocopper compounds
4. Methodology for the synthesis of heterocyclic compounds based on tertiary enamide synthons
5. Enantioselective biotransformations of nitriles and amides using microbial whole cell catalysts in organic synthesis
Selected recent publications
1. Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Enantioselective biotransformations of nitriles in organic synthesis”, Acc. Chem. Rev. 2015, 48, 602-611.
2. Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Exploring tertiary enamides as versatile synthons in organic synthesis”, Chem. Commun. 2015, 51, 6039-6049 (an invited feature article).
3. Qing-Hui, Guo, Zhan-Da Fu, Liang Zhao, Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Synthesis, structure, and properties of O6-coronaarenetetrazines”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 13548-13552.
4. Hu, Zhang, Bo Yao, Liang Zhao, De-Xian Wang, Bo-Xing Xu, Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Direct synthesis of high-valent aryl-Cu(II) and aryl-Cu(III) compounds: mechanistic insight into arene C-H bond metalation”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 6326-6332.
5. Chuan-Hu Lei, De-Xian Wang, Liang Zhao, Jieping Zhu, Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Synthesis of substituted pyridines from cascade [1+5] cycloaddition of isonitriles to N-formylmethyl-substituted enamides, aerobic oxidative aromatization, and acyl transfer reaction”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 4708-4711.
6. De-Xian Wang,* Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Anion-π interactions: generality, binding strength and structure”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 892-897.
7. Yann Odabachian, Shou Tong, Qian Wang, Mei-Xiang Wang,* Jieping Zhu,* “Zinc bromide promoted coupling of isonitriles with carboxylic acids to form 2,4,5-trisubstituted oxazoles”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 10878-10822.
8. Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Nitrogen and oxygen bridged calixaromatics: synthesis, structure, functionalization, and molecular recognition”, Acc. Chem. Res. 2012, 45, 182-195.
9. Cai-Yan Gao, Liang Zhao,* Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Stabilization of a reactive polynuclear silver carbide cluster through the encapsulation within a supramolecular cage”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 824-827.
10. Shuo Tong, De-Xian Wang, Liang Zhao, Jieping Zhu, Mei-Xiang Wang*, “Enantioselective synthesis of 4-hydroxytetrahydropyridine derivatives by intramolecular addition of tertiary enamides to aldehydes”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 124, 4493-4496.
11. Cai-Yan Gao, Liang Zhao,* Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Designed synthesis of metal cluster-centered pseudo-rotaxane supramolecular architectures”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 8448-8451
12. De-Xian Wang,* Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Anion Recognition by charge neutral electron-deficient arene receptors”, Chimia 2011, 65, 939-943.
13. Luo Yang, De-Xian Wang, Zhi-Tang Huang, Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Cr(III)(salen)Cl catalyzed enantioselective intramolecular addition of tertiary enamides to ketones: a general access to enantioenriched 1H-pyrrol-2(3H)-one derivatives bearing a hydroxylated quaternary carbon atom”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 10390-10391.
14. Tao Yue, Mei-Xiang Wang,* De-Xian Wang, Jieping Zhu,* “Bronsted acid catalyzed enantioselective three-component reaction involving the α addition of isocyanides to imines”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2009, 48, 6717-6721.
15. De-Xian Wang, Qi-Yu Zheng, Qi-Qiang Wang and Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Halide recognition by tetraoxacalixarenetriazine receptors: observation of concurrent non-covalent halide-π and lone-pair electron-π interactions in host-halide-water ternary complex in the solid state”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 7485-7488.
16. Shi-Xin Wang, Mei-Xiang Wang,* De-Xian Wang, Jieping Zhu,* “Catalytic enantioselective Passerini three-component reaction”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 388-391.
17. Tao Yue, Mei-Xiang Wang,* De-Xian Wang, Jieping Zhu,* “Asymmetric synthesis of 5-(1-hydroxyalkyl)tetrazoles by catalytic enantioselective Passerini-type reactions”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 9454-9457.
18. Mei-Xiang Wang,* “Heterocalixaromatics, new generation macrocyclic host molecules in supramolecular chemistry”, Chem. Commun. 2008, 4541-4551 (an invited feature article).
20. 《有机化学－结构与功能》K. Peter C. Vollhardt, Neil E. Schore原著第四版，戴立信，席振锋，王梅祥（翻译），化学工业出版社，2006年
22. Jieping Zhu, Qian Wang, Mei-Xiang Wang (Eds.), “Multicomponent Reactions in Organic Synthesis”, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 2014.