Name YAN Peiyu
Mail Add. Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University,
Beijing 100084, P.R. China
1978-1988 Wuhan University of Technology, Dept. Mater. Sci. and Eng., China
1982.1 Degree of Bachelor of Engineering
1984. 10 Degree of Master of Engineering
1988. 10 Degree of Doctor of Engineering
1984-1990 Lecture, Wuhan University of Technology, China
1990-1992 Guest Researcher, Institute of Nonmetallic Materials, Tchnical University Clausthal, Germany
1993 Associate Professor, Wuhan University of Technology, China
1993-1994 Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, China
1995-1998 Associate Professor, Department of Civil EngineeringTsinghua University, China
Since 1999 Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University, China
Member of Advisory Board of the Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, Japan
Member of the Editorial Committee, Journal of Chinese Ceramic Society.
Member of the Editorial Committee, Journal of Electron Microscopy
Member of the Editorial Committee, Journal of Building Materials.
Member of the Editorial Committee, Journal of Wuhan University of Technology
Member of Technical Committee of Cement, The Chinese Ceramic Society
Member of Technical Committee of Building Materials, The Chinese Ceramic Society
Member of Technical Committee of Building Materials, The Chinese Architecture Society
Chairman of National Technical Committee 458 on Concrete of Standardization Administration of China
Chairman of Committee of High Strength and High Performance Concrete, The Chinese Civil Engineering Society
New cementitious materials
Hydraulic mechanism of composite binders
Utilization of industrial by-products for manufacture of building materials
High performance concrete
Durability of concrete materials and structure
Current Research Projects
Development and application of novel binders
hydraulic and hardening mechanism of composite binders containing high volume of mineral admixture
Stability of hydrates and microstructure of cementitious materials
The compatibility of cement-superplasticizer system
Application of high performance concrete in real construction
Durability of concrete structure under the condition of atmosphere and frost-thaw
Durability of concrete infrastructure in Beijing
Study and application of high performance cementitious materials under the severe condition
1. Li Xiang, Yan Peiyu. Microstructural variation of Hardened of Cement-fly ash Pastes leached by Soft Water. SCIENCE CHINA Technological Sciences, 53(11): 3033-3038 (2010)
2. Wang Q, Yan P Y. Characteristics of hydration product of steel slag. Journal of Chinese Ceramic Society. 38(9) 1731-1734(2010)
3. Yaodong Jia, Peiyu Yan and Aruhan. RESEARCH ON INFLUENCING FACTORS OF CONCRETE CARBONATION WITH DIFFERENT CURING AGE. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on STRUCTURAL FAULTS & REPAIR, 15th-17th June 2010, Edinburgh, Scotland
4. Yan Peiyu, Zhou Xiaofei, Yang Jinbo, Sreejith V Nanukuttan THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ONDUCTIVITY AND CHLORIDE CONCENTRATION OF ANOLYTE IN PERMIT ION MIGRATION TEST. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on STRUCTURAL FAULTS & REPAIR, 15th-17th June 2010, Edinburgh, Scotland
5. Wang Qiang, Yan Peiyu. Hydration properties of basic oxygen furnace steel slag. Construction and Building Materials 24(7):1134-1140 (2010)
6. Yang Jinbo, Yan Peiyu, Kong Xiangming, Li Xiang Study on the hardening mechanism of cement asphalt binder. SCIENCE CHINA Technological Sciences, 53(5):1406-1412 (2010)
7. Q. Wang，P.Y. Yan The characteristics of the hydration products of steel slag. Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Cement and Concrete, 10-12 May 2010 Jinan, China
8. Peiyu Yan and Yaodong Jia Carbonation of concrete containing mineral admixture in normal indoor environment, Int. J. Structural Engineering, Vol. 1(2) 160-171 (2010)
9. Jinbo Yang, Peiyu Yan Modification of Test Process of PERMIT Ion Migration Test and its Application to Determinate Effect of Methods to Improve Chloride Penetration Resistance of Cover Concrete. Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology 7(3):385-391(2009)
10. X. Li, P.Y. Yan APPLICATION OF HIGH VOLUME FLY ASH CONCRETE IN MASSIVE FOUNDATION SLAB OF TIANJIN TOWER PROJECT. Proceedings of the 17th International Conference of Building Materials, 2-0561-0566, Sept. 23-26 2009, Weimar, Germany.
11. P.Y. Yan, L.P. Wu Application of Steel Fiber Reinforced Self-Consolidating Concrete in the Construction Project of New Station of China Central Television. Proceedings of the 17th International Conference of Building Materials, I-1179-1184, Sept. 23-26 2009, Weimar, Germany.
12. Yan Peiyu Yu Chenghang. Application of Self-consolidating Concrete in Beijing. Proceedings of 2nd International Symposium on Design, Performance and Use of Self-consolidating Concrete 817-822. 5-8 June 2009, Beijing
13. Peiyu Yan and Yaodong Jia CARBONATION OF CONCRETE CONTAINING MINERAL ADMIXTURE IN NORMAL INDOOR ENVIRONMENT Proceedings of International Conference on Durability of Concrete Structures,216-222 26-27 November, 2008, Hangzhou, China
14. Jinbo Yang, Peiyu Yan EXPERIMENTAL STUDY AND CURRENT DEVELOPMENT OF PERMIT ION MIGRATION TEST Proceedings of International Conference on Durability of Concrete Structures,1148-1153 26-27 November, 2008, Hangzhou, China
15. Shuhua Liu and Peiyu Yan EXPERIMENTAL STUDY ON SODIUM SULFATE ATTACK ON MORTAR CONTAINING LIMESTONE POWDER AND FLY ASH AT EARLY AGE Proceedings of International Conference on Durability of Concrete Structures,542-548 26-27 November, 2008, Hangzhou, China
16. Yan Peiyu, Feng Jianwen. Mechanical Behaviour of UHPC and UHPC Filled Steel Tubular Stub Columns. Proceedings of 2nd International Symposium on Ultra High Performance Concrete 355-364, 5-7 March 2008, Kassel Germany
17. P.Y. Yan, Z.C. Chen, J.C. Wang, F. Zheng Autogenous Shrinkage of Concrete Prepared with the Binders Containing Different Kinds of Mineral Admixture. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference of Cement Chemistry, Montreal Canada, July 8-12 2007.
18. YAN Peiyu Luan Yao Study and application of high volume fly ash concrete in massive concrete structure. Proceedings of the International Conference of Concrete Platform. 405-414, 2007. Belfast, UK. April 19-20 2007
19. Yan Peiyu, Zhou Yongxiang, Yang Zhenjie, Qin Jian Microstructure formation and degradation mechanism of cementitious plugging agent slurries. Journal of Wuhan University of Technology, Materials Science Edition 22(1): 61-65 (2007).
20. P Y Yan and Q H Zhang. The performance of fly ash during the hydration of complex binder. Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Cement and Concrete / CANMET/ACI International Symposium on Concrete Technology for Sustainable Development, V2:1397-1403 (2006) Xi’an Sept. 19-21 2006.
21. J C Wang and P Y Yan. Influence of initial casting temperature and dosage of fly ash on hydration heat evolution of concrete under adiabatic condition. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry 85: 755-760 (2006)
22. Jiachun Wang, Peiyu Yan. Simulation of concrete self-heated curing at early age. Proceedings of the 16th International Conference of Building Materials, Sept. 20-23 2006, Weimar, Germany.
23. Yan Peiyu, Wang Jiachun. Determination of the apparent activation of concrete by adiabatic test and simulation of self-heated curing process at early age. Keynote report, Proceedings of the Ninth International Symposium on Structural Engineering for Youth Experts Vol I, 62-70. Fuzhou & Xiamen, China, 18-21 August 2006
24. J.G. Han, P.Y. Yan. The effect of shrinkage-reducing admixture on mechanical properties and volume stability of concrete. KEY ENGINEERING MATERIALS 302-303: 230-234 (2006)
25. J. Wang, P. Yan Performance of concrete containing fly ash at early ages. Proceedings of Global Construction: Ultimate Concrete Opportunities, Part IV, Achieving Sustainability in Construction. 203-210, Dundee, UK; July 5-7, 2005
26. Yan Peiyu, Zheng Feng, Peng Jiang, Qin Xiao. Relationship between delayed ettringite formation and delayed expansion in massive shrinkage-compensating concrete. Cement and Concrete Composites, 2004,26(6): 687-693.
27. Lian Huizhen, Yan Peiyu. For Sustainable Development: to Produce Cement by another Concept. Proceedings of the International Workshop on Sustainable Development & Concrete Technology, ed: Kejin Wang, 103-112, May 20-21, 2004, Beijing
28. Zhou Yongxiang, Yan Peiyu. Developing Concrete Technology alone may not Be Helpful for Sustainable Development according to the Holistic Viewpoint. Proceedings of the International Workshop on Sustainable Development & Concrete Technology, ed: Kejin Wang, 287-298, May 20-21, 2004, Beijing
29. P. Y. Yan, F. Zheng and Z. Q. Xu, Hydration of shrinkage-compensating binders with different compositions and water-binder ratios. Journal of Thermal analysis and Calorimetry, 2003, 74: 201-209.
30. Zheng Feng, Han Jianguo, Yan Peiyu Kinetic Study on the Hydration of the Shrinkage -Compensating Binder. Proceedings of the 15th international conference of building materials, V2: 759-766, Sept. 24-26 2003, Weimar, Germany.
31. J.G. Han, P.Y. Yan, F. Zheng Fracture properties of concrete made with partial fly ash substitution. Proceedings of the 15th international conference of building materials, V2: 759-766, Sept. 24-26 2003, Weimar, Germany.
32. YAN Peiyu, PENG Jiang, QIN Xiao. Behavior and Controlling Factor of Delayed Ettringite Formation in Shrinkage-Compensating Massive Concrete, Magazine of concrete research, 54(5), 315-320, 2002
33. Xu Zhiquan, Yan Peiyu, Peng Jiang Study on the restricted expansion rate of expansive agent using orthogonal design method. Proceedings of 5th International Symposium on Cement and Concrete, Vol.1 462-468, 28 Oct.-01 Nov. 2002, Shanghai
34. Yan, P.Y. Lu, X.Y. Lian, H.Z. Li, Y.L. Preparation of high performance concrete for the subway construction in Shenzhen, China. Proceedings of 6th international Symposium on Utilization of High Strength/High Performance Concrete, ed: G. Koenig, F. Dehn, T. Faust, 813-820, 16-20 June 2002, Leipzig
35. Peiyu YAN, Xiao QIN, Wenyan YANG, Jiang PENG. The semiquantitative determination and morphology of ettringite in pastes containing expansive agent cured in elevated temperature， Cement and Concrete Research, 31(9): 1285-1290 (2001)
36. Peiyu YAN and Xiao QIN The Effect of Expansive Agent and Possibility of Delayed Ettringite Formation in Shrinkage-compensating Massive Concrete, Cement and Concrete Research, 31(2): 335-337 (2001)
37. P. Y. Yan, X. Qin The Characteristics of Delayed Ettringite Formation in Shrinkage-compensating Massive Concrete，Proceedings of the 14th international conference of building materials, V2: 759-766, Sept. 20-23 2000, Weimar, Germany.
38. Peiyu YAN and Wenyan YANG The cementitious binder derived with fluorogypsum and low quality of fly ash, Cement and Concrete Research, 30(2): 275-280(2000)
39. Cui Lu and Yan Peiyu, An algorithm of galvanostatic pulse method to determine the corrosion status of reinforcement in concrete. Corrosion Science, 42(4):675-686(2000)
40. P.Yan, W.Y.Yang Q.Xiao and Y.You The microstructure and properties of the binder of fly ash-fluorogypsum-portland cement. Cement and Concrete Research. 29(3):349 (1999)
41. Yan Peiyu and Yang Wenyan Mechanical properties and microstructure of composite binders containing shale ash and fly ash. J. Wuhan University of Technology-Materials Science Edition. 13(4):1, (1998).
42. P.Yan, W.Yang and L.Cui The hydration characteristics of cement shale ash composite binder under the condition of low water binder ratio Proceedings of 4th Beijing International Symposium on Cement and Concrete, Vol. 1, 256-259, Oct.27-30 1998, Beijing China.
43. P.Y.Yan, X.Lin, W.Y.Yang and Y.You Investigation of the microstructure of fly ash-fluorgypsum binder. Materials Science of Concrete -The Sidney Diamond Symposium. 517-528 Aug.30-Sept 3 1998, Hawaii USA.
44. P.Yan and Y.You Studies on the binder of fly ash-fluorgypsum-cement. Cement and Concrete Research, 28(1):135, (1998).